Hey all.

I'm looking to buy a Multi-Fx pedal.
I've been looking around and seen two that are highly recommended.

The Boss ME-50 and the Boss GT-8.

I was just wondering which each one does.

Like I know the ME-50 has so many effects etc.

But how easy is it to change the effects for a live performance.

Also, in your opinion, which is the best overall pedal.

Thanks,

Nick
I don't own either, but from what I've read the Gt-8 is a floor processor which can pretty much do any effect, it works in a patches and banks system so it would be easy to change effects live with the foot pedals.

I think the ME-50 is more like a bunch of Boss stompboxes in one pedal, so it doesn't have amp modelling, there is a limit to what effects you can use at the same times, ect. It seems a lot easier to use than the GT-8 though.

Basically the GT-8 is more powerful and versatile, but is more expensive and a lot harder to use than the ME-50.

Hope this helps.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Last edited by weemansyndrome at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by weemansyndrome
I don't own either, but from what I've read the Gt-8 is a floor processor which can pretty much do any effect, it works in a patches and banks system so it would be easy to change effects live with the foot pedals.

I think the ME-50 is more like a bunch of Boss stompboxes in one pedal, so it doesn't have amp modelling, there is a limit to what effects you can use at the same times, ect. It seems a lot easier to use than the GT-8 though.

Basically the GT-8 is more powerful and versatile, but is more expensive and a lot harder to use than the BOSS ME-50.

Hope this helps.

Fixed