View poll results: Hendrix White or Clapton Black or Les Paul Iced Tea
Hendrix "relic" white
5 29%
Clapton "relic" Black
7 41%
'Burst Les paul "relic"
5 29%
Voters: 17.
Right, heres the plan: After playing a "Clapton" V6 Icon> it inspired me to build a replica! I need any (fairly) Hi-res images you can find!!

You have to start somewhere!!
Hi!
I want some images I can download to highlight In photoshop
Sorry If i was unclear! On the site the photos arent full body shots except for the low quality flash rotate thing!

I had been on the fender blackie site and guitar center too
Hi!
Quote by Little-Legs
I want some images I can download to highlight In photoshop
Sorry If i was unclear! On the site the photos arent full body shots except for the low quality flash rotate thing!

I had been on the fender blackie site and guitar center too
You weren't unclear, but you must be terribly thick.
Quote by m_hedborg
1 - Go to google.com

2 - Type in: blackie "eric clapton"

3 - Click Google Search

4 - Click Images in the upper left

5 - ?????????

6 - PROFIT!!!

This is not difficult. My niece is 8 years old, and has no problems finding things like this.

EDIT:

At step #5 you can select the image size/resolution.

I'll leave it to you to figure out HOW.

If you can't figure it out, you don't deserve to know.

Mommy has to stop wiping your ass after you shit, at some point, you know.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Nov 5, 2007,
what kind of replica is it? just like... the cosmetics? just the color? everything from inside and out? all the wear and tear?

be clear.

and i'm way ahead of the game than you.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Total cosmetic replica. I'll probably use some decent pick-ups and a standard trem!
Here is a very brief costing.

Body £50
Neck £50
Hardware £70
Pick-ups £60
Nitro £24
A Few Tools £50

Before you say stuff like wheres the inlays or whatever, I included everything in it's catogory!!

BTW dude i'm not here to make a great big argument! Im here to build a guitar so like chill!

All I was saying was I was wondering if anyone had any pics that could be useful, since it would be easier than trying to figure it all out from 200x300 pictures that I used Google and found.
Hi!
Quote by Little-Legs
BTW dude i'm not here to make a great big argument! Im here to build a guitar so like chill!

Ya you guys are freaking out... don't be an assclown about it. This forum is about helping people. Little Legs obviously wants our help, and I think if he wanted to be criticized he wouldn't have posted here.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You weren't unclear, but you must be terribly thick.

Well YOU weren't helpful, but you were a pretty obnoxious ass... How about, if YOU google'd the guitar and found images, then post them! Dear god.

http://www.whereseric.com/news/images/20061001.jpg there is a sort of close picture of the back

http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000005745.jpg thats a massive picture of a portion of the front

http://doodlesite.com/crowdie/ec/ecgm1.jpg and the headstock.

Here, a mass picture of the back
http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000005744.jpg

Now, Little Legs, I sure hope I was helpful, unlike a few of these people. good luck, and be sure to post all your progress about this build. I'm quite interested!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Ive got a magazine article upstairs on it woth some useful info, all I can remember now is that mr Clapton cloured in some chips on the front with a felt-tip pen. Something fender have done to th custom models.
Oh ya I heard that somewhere too... Well if that article has any more specific information, then thats good.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Thank you HELPFUL guys!

The harmony-centr. pictures are ace, I'll look up the felt tip pen stuff

I never thought looking on harmony central but they have loads of HUGE pictures
Hi!
Last edited by Little-Legs at Nov 6, 2007,
Okay, I've thought about it (the project)loads more during the week and Ive kept on flicking between a few ideas. The first is the original. The second is an aged white relic, late 60's, early 70's kinda thing, I'm sure you know what I mean. The third is a totally different thing. A les paul in that Iced tea Burst. Slight relic'ing ect. A 59' styled guitar basically.

So I need your help to decide what I should do because I can't decide betwwen the options!

The body and neck WON't be built from scratch.

I have found also looked for a single problem with each design, hopefully before voting you will take these into consideration! (Provoking disater, yes, maybe but hopefully, preventing it)

Blackie - No freedom, Perfection required- For you guys obviously !!!
White Strat - Getting "that" colour may prove difficult to get
Les Paul- Mahogany and Maple is EXPENSIVE here in the Uk not sure about those of you elsewhere!

Okay lets start polling people!!
Hi!
Here's what people told me when I said I wanted to make a Hendrix "The White One" strat: Go buy a [black] Fender Strat and beat the paint up a little, get vintage-sounding pups, and age the neck.

nice man. i wouldn't relic a guitar just because though. iono. it's fake after all.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Invader Jim
Here's what people told me when I said I wanted to make a Hendrix "The White One" strat: Go buy a [black] Fender Strat and beat the paint up a little, get vintage-sounding pups, and age the neck.

I might be easier but where's the fun in it
Hi!