Page 1 of 4
Yeah yeah, I know there is a drug thread, but I want input from anti marijuana people too, and I doubt they'll be reading that one.

I want to write an essay on marijuana, and I want to hear some of the good and bad things, and some of the issues that people have heard about it, so I can address them in my essay.

I need as many as you can muster, so I can try to address the whole issue. Personal experiences and beliefs etc are welcome. I want to hear both sides of the argument.

Please try not to start arguing in this thread, try and stay on topic, and don't clutter it up with insults. And rather than just saying "drugs are bad", at least tell me why you think drugs are bad.

Edit: And for the record, I'm pro-marijuana and I smoke a lot of pot. I'm a university student and I am one of the top scoring students in assignments and exams from my class.
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
Last edited by MrAngryEyes at Nov 6, 2007,
Point out that a lot of people that attend Narcotics Anonymous meetings are in their late fifties.

Do you really want to be going to meetings at that age?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
um... weed isn't a narcotic.
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
Quote by MrAngryEyes
um... weed isn't a narcotic.

Neither is alcohol, but it's still brought up at meetings..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Good- all the instant effects... i.e. euphoria, trippyness, munchies
Bad- all the effects after... i.e. no money, sheer stupidity, people thinking you're irresponsible
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
first of all, it's written marihuana, not marijuana; the second one is just a misspelling used in the english language which is derived from the origianl spanish word

anyway, a good way to start you essay is by drawing a huge ass pot leaf and maybe even stapling a joint to it, that's what I would do, at least
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
You ever suck dick for a bag of weed?

Bob Saget is hilarious. Never thought I'd say that.
how many people drink regularly over smoke pot? how many of the drinkers are assholes and how many pot heads are assholes? which one is legal? which one should be legal?
no i'm pretty sure its spelt marajuana and the j is silent
also i personally don't think weed is particulary bad for only if your body depends on it and your smoking it loads everyday a join every now and then isn't to bad...
Quote by Jastul
first of all, it's written marihuana, not marijuana; the second one is just a misspelling used in the english language which is derived from the origianl spanish word

That's the first time I've ever seen 'marihuana', ever.
Marijuana killed my father...and raped my mother.

It hasn't been proven you can o.d. on weed. Alcohol has led to more deaths than weed.

On the other hand, the pre-existing economy of the weed industry is structured very poorly, leaving mules to be badly underpaid, and facing most of the blame. There is no solid reason why it is illegal other than moral value. Most Americans feel that in a free Country, the citizens should be allowed to construe their own morals, but alas, this is not the case. Perhaps in a truly free nation a person can make their own choices, not based on someone else's moral judgment, but their own. I leave you now with this thought in mind: You can overdose on Tylenol and get liver poisoning, how much marijuana does it take to cause an overdose?
Quote by ballblaster
how many people drink regularly over smoke pot? how many of the drinkers are assholes and how many pot heads are assholes? which one is legal? which one should be legal?

Umm.. Except, I know plenty of potheads that ARE assholes. Not necessarily because of the pot, it's mainly because of the people they then associate with.

Personally, I think both are a bad idea, but I also think both should be legal.
Quote by vintage x metal

Marijuana is full of mis information. Read over that erowid site that was posted earlier as it is full of important facts. Lets see...marijauna does not kill brain cells, it is not a gateway drug, it does not make you lazy, it does not make you stupid or effect memory while not on the drug. The side effects? Short term memory loss and it does damage your lungs some. Not as bad as ciggarettes as cannabis is not cancerous.

We shouldn't legalize marijuana because it's dangerous, we should legalize it to make it even safer. Marijuana is already one of the safest drugs known to mankind(even safer than caffeine and a lot of foods we eat). If we legalized it then baked goods would b easier to get with thc in it and we would be able to make more potent plants and reduce prices of vaporizers all reducing smoking and making the plant even safer.

It is entirely reasonable to legalize marijuana. We could control it much like we do alchohol, put an age restriction on it and also restrict driving on the substance. It seems ridiculous that alchohol is legal and cannabis isn't. Alchohol is a huge problem and directly and indirectly kills lots of people yet marijuana doesn't. You can't overdose on marijuana like you can alchohol nor do you do stupid dangerous things that can get other people killed. There really is no case for keeping marijuana illegal.
I beleive you would have to smoke a pound of weed per minute for 15 minutes straight to Overdose on weed.
[Sig goes here]
Quote by carlsbad
I beleive you would have to smoke a pound of weed per minute for 15 minutes straight to Overdose on weed.

Smoking a pound a minute would be quite a feet. But really doing so much would lead to suffication, so marijuana in this case is as lethal as a pillow.
Quote by kidsilcon
Don't do marajiwana.

instead of making a dead end statement like this, at least tell us why you think we shouldn't do marijuana.

marijuana isn't a spelling error. either versions of the spelling are acceptable.
- Bill Hicks
There are about 5 million better things to do than sitting around smoking pot. Work out, write something, learn something, go somewhere, meet new people, read a book, register to vote, god dammit just do SOMETHING. When I think of what it would be like if it was legalized all I can imagine is a world full of underachieving half-conscious slaves who are taught from day one that nothing is worth doing unless it brings instantaneous satisfaction. As far as I'm concerned they can go ahead and legalize it, it'll just make it much easier for me to walk all over you people and get to the top of the food chain. 90% of you would be sitting at home bitching on the internet about how it's "The Man's" fault you never get anything done. Well guess what? I'm The Man. Legalizing it will be like a filter which makes the strong individuals of the world completely untouchable. You think we're headed towards a fascist regime now? Wait till they legalize that **** and then you'll see fascism. You people will be slaves of the government, because the government controls your precious weed. And I'm the guy who's going to be setting the prices and making you my bitch, because I don't waste my time doing non-productive things like smoking pot.
Quote by SkyValley
There are about 5 million better things to do than sitting around smoking pot. Work out, write something, learn something, go somewhere, meet new people, read a book, register to vote, god dammit just do SOMETHING. When I think of what it would be like if it was legalized all I can imagine is a world full of underachieving half-conscious slaves who are taught from day one that nothing is worth doing unless it brings instantaneous satisfaction. As far as I'm concerned they can go ahead and legalize it, it'll just make it much easier for me to walk all over you people and get to the top of the food chain. 90% of you would be sitting at home bitching on the internet about how it's "The Man's" fault you never get anything done. Well guess what? I'm The Man. Legalizing it will be like a filter which makes the strong individuals of the world completely untouchable. You think we're headed towards a fascist regime now? Wait till they legalize that **** and then you'll see fascism. You people will be slaves of the government, because the government controls your precious weed. And I'm the guy who's going to be setting the prices and making you my bitch, because I don't waste my time doing non-productive things like smoking pot.

i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by SkyValley

Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
well first off, i can tell your a little stuck up bit ch, second of all you need to calm down and smoke a joint, it seems like your all stressed out. you think your better then people that smoke weed? buddy let me tell you somthing i know way to many potheads who are fu ckin brilliant and are gonna go way farther then you in life, so shut up, sit back and light up a joint, its good for you once in a while

oh and by the way i heard you have to smoke your body weight to overdose
"music's the only thing that makes sense anymore..."
Quote by SkyValley

i lol'd
you could include something about the fact that someone arguing for marijuana would say that it isn't addictive, but just because something isn't physically addictive doesn't mean that one can't become completely dependent on it. for proof of that one all you gotta do is just look around. the people that are clearly dependent on it aren't too hard to spot.
This next one, I call the gay snake.....thhhhhhhhhhhhh

- Zach Galifianakis

**President of the "The Boston Celtics will have a championship in six years time" foundation** PM me to join
Quote by hendrix1306
oh and by the way i heard you have to smoke your body weight to overdose

That would be so brilliant, you could make a topiary sculpture of yourself out of weed, then smoke it all away.

TS: I like smoking green because it chills me out. Nothing beats sitting with a group of mates and getting absolutely chonged and contemplating life until sunrise. I also prefer the taste of a joint to just tobacco.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by SkyValley

Are you ****ing serious?

Are you actually ****ing serious?

I have a great number of friends that smoke marijuana, some of them genius, some of them simply average. A few friends in particular smoke marijuana perhaps 3-5 times a day. Two of them are studying to be engineers. One of them in specific is the smartest person I've ever met in my entire life. He was writing and recording music around the age of 6. He's been getting straight A's his whole life. He is a master when it comes to debating. I could keep going, but my point is this:

I would bet my life on the fact that he is much, much more intelligent than your dumb ass. You're a moron, a bigot, and an egotistical jerkoff who has nothing better to do than criticize people that choose to live a different lifestyle than your own.

If you actually believe in all the bull**** you just spewed, you'll be in for a rude awakening when you realize that a LOT of people smoke marijuana and most of them are not lazy, jobless burnouts as you would love to believe.

Seriously, what the ****?
Quote by POTSIE023
you could include something about the fact that someone arguing for marijuana would say that it isn't addictive, but just because something isn't physically addictive doesn't mean that one can't become completely dependent on it. for proof of that one all you gotta do is just look around. the people that are clearly dependent on it aren't too hard to spot.

It really depends on the person.

I visited my friends in another city for about a week and I smoked pot at least 4 or 5 times a day for the whole week. When I got back home I suffered no withdrawal symptoms. If you gave me some pot right now, I wouldn't smoke it. I don't smoke alone or unless I wanna watch a tripped out ****in' movie or something.
Last edited by Archaon at Nov 5, 2007,
Ya most people that smoke dont get anything done like that Ben Franklin guy, he smoked and didn't accomplish anything, what a bum let me tell ya...Smoking marijuana doesnt turn you into a good-for-nothing shell of a person.

Seriously there is nothing wrong with smoking marijuana most or the stuff that you hear is all false and created by anti-drug movements who do no real scientific studies. Just look at the links in this thread which are based on studies. Personally i find myself better off when i smoke (not jsut during the high but all the time) I'm happier and able to deal with stress eaiser.
Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond.
A nice little pond. It was clean. It was neat.
The water was warm. There was plenty to eat.
The turtles had everything turtles might need.
And they were all happy. Quite happy indeed.
Quote by SkyValley

Posting all that seemed kind of non-productive to me.
Last edited by steee21 at Nov 5, 2007,
This thread is why I fucking hate potheads.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Last edited by rorythefaggot at Nov 5, 2007,
This is nothing to get your panties up in a bunch for. If you enjoy an occasional toke, then so be it. Light up, it expands your mind. If you're against it, don't ****ing do it, but just because some poeple spend thier lives fried 24/7 doesnt give you any reason to stereotype all of us. There are a lot of successful people who smoke. My buddies dad is a hibitual smoker and makes 170,000 per year working for sprint. TS you can use that fact in your essay.
Quote by WantToLearn
what is poon?
Quote by rorythefaggot
This thread is why I fucking hate potheads.

That post is why I fucking hate you.
now now, don't fight. i just want people's opinions and things they've heard about pot so i can address all the issues people are concerned about in my essay.
- Bill Hicks
I really dont get the point of illegalizing marihuanna/marijuanna/pot/weed whatever you call it. I mean I live in the Netherlands especially in my city there is the 'gedoogbeleid' . I simply means that by law you cant sell or buy drugs (or only a small amount of it) but in practice you can buy it almost everywhere.. There are almost no kids at my school that really smoke to much or anything and the only thing that is the most to criminal is that all the people from germany and belguim (thats like only a 15min drive) come to us to buy weed that is the only thing!
I mean why not just legalize it in other countries we have almost no problems with it

edit: No I havent smoked weed in all of my life
Quote by carlsbad

You CAN'T overdose by smoking weed. No one has ever died from smoking too much weed. You can OD if you eat too much, tho, IIRC its ~1oz

And lmfao at Marihuana LOL its spelt with an 'h' is it?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
You CAN'T overdose by smoking weed. No one has ever died from smoking too much weed. You can OD if you eat too much, tho, IIRC its ~1oz

And lmfao at Marihuana LOL its spelt with an 'h' is it?

Even then you'll just pass out for a while <_<
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Quote by Spitz13
I fucking hate you.

I'm going to go ahead and sig that.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Page 1 of 4