Page 1 of 2
My brother sent me this Stellar bright pink suit for christmas last year when he was on an exchange program to australia. It was by far the coolest possession i've ever owned. but when i put it on, i realized it was WAY to big (~4 suit sizes, for you guys that know your suits). No-one would tailor it for me, because its too big, but finally some lady said she was up to the challenge (she makes wedding dresses, so she's handy with a needle and thread)

But i got word from her today that she refuses to do it, its too risky!! I was really pullin for this since last christmas, now i feel so incomplete

If you want a gander at it, its in my profile pictures, to add some point to this thread:

Is there anything that you had that you loved that was suddenly taken away from you that killed you a little bit inside?

Last edited by Duerksen at Nov 5, 2007,
Yes, my dog was killed by a German Shepherd the other day.

So quit complaining.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Omg, that's dumb. Stop being so dramatic, there are ppl with bigger problems out there.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

So quit complaining.

You're such a bastard.

And to the guy above me, the TS never said there weren't people out there with worse problems. Who are you to try and deny him the right to be upset about something?
He's opened the thread up for people to share stories about the things they've lost. It's not like he's being selfish and acting as though he's the only one with problems.
Suicide is the only way out!

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by Discouraged
You're such a bastard.

I'm just saying. That dog weighed like.. three pounds. And it was ripped to shreds! It's neck was broken.. Apparently she screamed, it was awful. Just awful.

Anyhoo, so tell me more about this suit?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Wow... I thought this thread was gonna good and depressing... I was disappointed.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
The suit was amazing, and it was an expensive cut australian suit out of nice light material. *sighs* oh well. That just means i have another inspiration to hit the gym even harder.

Sympathies to Jack off Jill, i know whats it like to lose a dog
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm just saying. That dog weighed like.. three pounds. And it was ripped to shreds! It's neck was broken.. Apparently she screamed, it was awful. Just awful.

Anyhoo, so tell me more about this suit?

......well I'm sorry for your loss but you described it quite comically.

As for me, my cars clutch went out and I couldn't drive anywhere. I am also obsessed with my car and love to just drive around for no reason. In fact....I think this story explains how I got addicted to UG, sitting at home with nothing to do....

weird.

edit: I actually feel like a dick right now for laughing.....damnit.
Quote by Duerksen
The suit was amazing, and it was an expensive cut australian suit out of nice light material. *sighs* oh well. That just means i have another inspiration to hit the gym even harder.

Sympathies to Jack off Jill, i know whats it like to lose a dog

Oh, it's alright. Truthfully, she was annoying little rat dog. I loved her, but she was annoying. And she was also twelve, so she didn't have much longer. I'm not so upset that she's gone, more so about the way she died. She was a good dog and didn't deserve to die in that manner.

And don't hit the gym. Just get fatter.
Quote by vintage x metal

I honestly can't get fatter for my life, i've probably the most ridiculous metabolism EVER, i'm a bit o' a twig so rocking up the gym can't hurt anyways. THe problem tough is i need wider shoulders
Quote by Eternal_One
Omg, that's dumb. Stop being so dramatic, there are ppl with bigger problems out there.

Let the guy be emo all he wants! Right now he is realy hurtin'

screw kids from africa they dont have REAL reasons to be depressed.
I started a new wave in music - it's called n00bism...
Oh wait, Curt did it before me
=================
Kramer pacer
Screamin' deamon (neck)
Live-wire metal (bridge, 18v)
Finaly knobs that go to 11
=================
It doesn't suit you anyway.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by MilanV
Let the guy be emo all he wants! Right now he is realy hurtin'

screw kids from africa they dont have REAL reasons to be depressed.

Who said anything about being emo? i'm just disappointed that this absolutely killer suit is suddenly dead to me *sighs*
Quote by SeveralSpecies
......well I'm sorry for your loss but you described it quite comically.

As for me, my cars clutch went out and I couldn't drive anywhere. I am also obsessed with my car and love to just drive around for no reason. In fact....I think this story explains how I got addicted to UG, sitting at home with nothing to do....

weird.

edit: I actually feel like a dick right now for laughing.....damnit.

Don't feel like a dick! It's alright, I tried to make it funny.
Quote by vintage x metal

Just pull the trousers up to nipple height.

Zoot Suit FTW!
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
Just pull the trousers up to nipple height.

Zoot Suit FTW!

Haha, the funny thing about that is those were the only things that fit, lol
First, it doesn't look huge. A little big but not unwearable.

Second, the picture isn't detailed enough for me to see anything about the suit's construction.

If the pants are too big in the waist but OK elsewhere, it should be a simple matter of taking in the center back seam. Preserve the excess fabric as a seam allowance, and you'll be OK if you should bulk up in the future. That always worked when we altered suits in the costume shop at my university. As for the jacket, the sleeves look a little long, but hemming sleeves shouldn't present a huge challenge. Of course, I'm assuming there's nothing outlandish in the construction that I can't see from the photo. If there's a university with a good theater department nearby, contact the costume shop manager and see what he or she says. If all else fails, set it aside until you have the opportunity to visit a larger metropolitan area. What kind of fabric is it, anyway?
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
That's an awesome suit. Wear it anyway - I mean an all pink suit with yellow tie can't look any odder.

I think the biggest part of me died when my friends all abandoned me and I saw them for what they really are.

>_>

<_<
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Eternal_One

OMG TAHTS LYKE SOOO STOOPID

jeez, lighten up, you bloody idiot. he's obviously not emo-ifying anything - it's not a majorly serious discussion.

although having said that, a pink jump suit is pretty serious business, right there. important stuff, looking cool in your pink suit, and so on.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
send the suit to me
problem solved

arg i want that suit

Quote by queenofthenight
First, it doesn't look huge. A little big but not unwearable.

Second, the picture isn't detailed enough for me to see anything about the suit's construction.

If the pants are too big in the waist but OK elsewhere, it should be a simple matter of taking in the center back seam. Preserve the excess fabric as a seam allowance, and you'll be OK if you should bulk up in the future. That always worked when we altered suits in the costume shop at my university. As for the jacket, the sleeves look a little long, but hemming sleeves shouldn't present a huge challenge. Of course, I'm assuming there's nothing outlandish in the construction that I can't see from the photo. If there's a university with a good theater department nearby, contact the costume shop manager and see what he or she says. If all else fails, set it aside until you have the opportunity to visit a larger metropolitan area. What kind of fabric is it, anyway?

No no, the picture makes it look 100X better than it really is, if someone tells me how to uplad pictures i'll show you a better picture depicting size. Plus, in my prof. picture i'm wearing an entire suit underneath of it

There we go, i think - its friggin huge. (Keep in mind, i'm wearing a whole other suit underneath of it)
yeah its pretty hard to alter a suit more than one or two sizes with out really messing it up or making it a different cut, also it needs to be shortened, and in that pic your pants are waaay too low.

But IMO that suit is ugly as hell anyway.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah its pretty hard to alter a suit more than one or two sizes with out really messing it up or making it a different cut, also it needs to be shortened, and in that pic your pants are waaay too low.

But IMO that suit is ugly as hell anyway.

Noted, yeah, the pants are riding hella low, i wasn't wearing a belt (i could have probably fit someone else in there with me, and i did at the end of the night )

But it takes a unique person with a complete lack of dignity to appreciate a bright pink suit. Cheers
I want that suit...

I Want it Now!
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
with a suit like that
you need a bitchin hat to go with it
preferably with a feather

Quote by PopNFresh07
TS is my hero ts is my hero

Haha, thanks mate. But it was my brother that bought it for me. I'll pass it on to him that an abundance of people appreciate it. And alot of other people are silently judging my sexuality because of it
Quote by FireItUp714
with a suit like that
you need a bitchin hat to go with it
preferably with a feather

I found one not so long ago that one of my friends is buying for me, it was hella hard finding a hat that would match the suit that wasn't a chicks hat. Anyways, its a black fedora with pink pinstripes

edit: sorry about double post
nice

Quote by Duerksen
I honestly can't get fatter for my life, i've probably the most ridiculous metabolism EVER, i'm a bit o' a twig so rocking up the gym can't hurt anyways. THe problem tough is i need wider shoulders

My friend is like that, he is super thin, but he has been going to the gym and he has large muscles. He has been eating fatty foods to get fat.

I am just the right size - not too big, not too small.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by SavageNights
My friend is like that, he is super thin, but he has been going to the gym and he has large muscles. He has been eating fatty foods to get fat.

I am just the right size - not too big, not too small.

Thats what i'm working on too, little extra weight can't hurt
(especially if it'll help me fit into this damn suit!)
Quote by Jack Off Jill

So quit complaining.

It's owner should be killed by a certain sexy captain.
Quote by soccermom
HELL YES!

tis some pretty intresting, I have nearly read (masturbated) to all the articles on Wiki.

OK, in the 2nd pic it does look a little bigger, but I'd still like to see how it would look if the CB seams on both pants & jacket were taken in and the side seams on the jacket taken in a little. No cutting, though- leave the seam allowances. Talk to a costumer. Preferably one at a theater department with a good reputation and limited budget. Those are the real miracle workers.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
Page 1 of 2