Page 1 of 2
Mine was Stephen Colbert's "I am America, And So Can You!"
It was amazing
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
The Great Gatsby gonna read it again and again for English. For pleasure, I can't remember, I need to make time to get back into reading.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
readin Pet Seamatart by Stephen King right now
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Quote by BuryMeInBliss
the god delusion - awesome book

This another on my "reading list" (which is about a book long in itself) how is it I'm really up for reading this one.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov + The Great Gatsby. Lolita was tough reading.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
reading The Stand by Stephen King atm
read Dreamcatcher before that
Everything's Eventual before that
Insomnia before that
the Dark Tower before that

Stephen King addict
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
trainspotting. amazing

Quote by danielrobbyshor
reading The Stand by Stephen King atm
read Dreamcatcher before that
Everything's Eventual before that
Insomnia before that
the Dark Tower before that

Stephen King addict

the book is the worse thing i have ever read. ever. ever. really really bad. green mile and the shining were amazing. the stand = 1100 pages of crap. avoid. get out before its too late. i'm serious. it took me the whole of summer to read it, and what a disappointment.
Last edited by fender_696 at Nov 5, 2007,
The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien, it was totally worth it.
Principles of Philosophy - René Descartes

I'm currently reading Dante's Divine comedy.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by fender_696
trainspotting. amazing

the book is the worse thing i have ever read. ever. ever. really really bad. green mile and the shining were amazing. the stand = 1100 pages of crap. avoid. get out before its too late. i'm serious. it took me the whole of summer to read it, and what a disappointment.

no way! i think so far (i'm just over half way through) its one of the most engaging books by him i've read.
and i've heard many other S.K. readers hail amongst his best works.

each to their own i suppose, but if majority rules then you're wrong.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I'm currently reading Next by Michael Crichton. Tis about genetic engineering
last one i read for Lit was The Pigmans Legacy
now im reading That Was Then, This Is Now
Gaslight
Quote by GotID?
I'm currently reading Next by Michael Crichton. Tis about genetic engineering

I've met him, which is mildly exciting I guess.

At the moment, I'm reading:

Hard Times - Charles Dickens (for school)
Hamlet - Shakespeare (for school)
Translations - Brian Friel (for school)
Catch-22 - Joseph Heller (leisure)
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Beowulf by Seamus Heaney; this is the first year I actually have to read books for english, unfortuanately. It was previously just SAT prep/other irrelevant crap
Quote by Saint of Steel
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov + The Great Gatsby. Lolita was tough reading.

Lolita is beautiful reading. nabokov's mastery of the english language astounds me. i wish i could write half as well as he does. his prose is amazingly poetic.

anyway now that i am done fellating vladimir nabokov i will move onto my point. the last book i read was The Land of Spices by Kate O'Brien. it was quite dense reading at first, but as soon as i got acquainted with her style the book flew.
Quote by uhh_me?
Lolita is beautiful reading. nabokov's mastery of the english language astounds me. i wish i could write half as well as he does. his prose is amazingly poetic.

anyway now that i am done fellating vladimir nabokov i will move onto my point. the last book i read was The Land of Spices by Kate O'Brien. it was quite dense reading at first, but as soon as i got acquainted with her style the book flew.

Yeah that's what I meant, I found it quite 'dense' as you put it to begin with, but I did get more and more into it as I went along.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...

hp7

"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I read the absolutely true biography of a part time indian..... I really suggest reading it, it's just a good book. I'm partly through reading Dracula, but I keep getting distracted by other things in my life
Nick kent:the dark stuff

Currently reading;thank you for smoking.........I forget the name of the author
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Last book I finished was, um, Ugly by Constance Briscoe. I think. I started a couple after, but they were crap. So I'm currently reading the novelisation of Doctor Who episode Castrovalva, which I should finish tonight, The Ode Less Travelled by Stephen Fry on train journeys to and from college, The Canterbury Tales during free periods at college if I have no work to do and Beowulf and Henry V for english lit. Fun fun fun.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
no way! i think so far (i'm just over half way through) its one of the most engaging books by him i've read.
and i've heard many other S.K. readers hail amongst his best works.

each to their own i suppose, but if majority rules then you're wrong.

hmmmmmm. it's wierd, it is engaging. you sort of get involved with the characters, build them up in your head. however, about 700 pages in, i became restless, willing something to happen. expecting something, anything!! ah well, let us know your views when you finished
Quote by will3536
The Stand by Stephen King

what did you think of that book mate? i find the ending terrible, pointless and such an anti-climax. the character development was very good, but they grew so much they blocked out any sort of plot!!
The Stand in its entirety kicked ass. Don't diss The Stand, or Mr Flagg is gonna come get you, bitch.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Lord of the Flies by william golding, for school. now we have to analyse all twelve chapters :-( I know that sounds pathetic, but my english is extremely boring, and my teacher always asks me questions when i accidently fall into a daydream
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
Lord of the Flies by william golding, for school. now we have to analyse all twelve chapters :-( I know that sounds pathetic, but my english is extremely boring, and my teacher always asks me questions when i accidently fall into a daydream

A fun game for LOTF is to pick out the innuendo, it's choc-full of it.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Necropolis-Dan Abnett

It's the third book in the Gaunt's Ghosts series of the Warhammer collection, it rawked.
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Quote by -February-Star-
A fun game for LOTF is to pick out the innuendo, it's choc-full of it.

Thats sort of like all were doing in the thing, looking at it on a literal level, and on a symbolic level :s can be good but i s'pose its better than poetry, the worst thing ever, especially when you do the AQA course with poems from different cultures, nebody else taking that course will know what i'm talking about!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Page 1 of 2