So I was at Sam Ash last friday for no reason. I picked up a Dean USA Razorback and plugged it into a Krank Krankenstein (it was running through a really nice cab, but I forget which one).

Oh... my... god. That was the worst tone and distortion I have ever heard. No matter how much I messed with it, I could't get it to sound good at all, let alone anything like Dimebag. What... were they thinking? And I love the Razorbacks running through any other amp.

After spending the next 10 minutes trying not to gag, I had to redeem my ears and plug an RR3 (it was a used one for about $550, and someone replaced the pickups with a pair of Duncan Invaders) into a 6505+ running through a Marshall 1960. I then splooged.

Just thought I would share this dissapointment with the many who have probably already experienced it. Thank you for wasting your time reading this.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Last edited by mafropetee at Nov 5, 2007,
That sucks dude...
The best tones I've heard come from Fenders or Marshalls...
Even for Metal, its weird but true...

And that blows that "Dimebags" amp sounds nothing like him...
My mom says I'm cool-
The world needs a clown-
The Dr. says real milk could kill me-

Milhouse
marshall cabs FTW...in fact marshall anything FTW...no wait, all-valve amps FTW

i don't buy dimebag products. i feel he's the most exploited dead celebrity since to Tupac. everything is Dimebag, even a set of strings. but i mean that's not bad, wats bad is that usually those products dont' have anything special about them. people just slap on the Dimebag name and use it to make money.

Example, i was at a music store and i was buying a pack of ernie ball strings. the guy told me, man forget those get these. these are dimebag signature strings. i looked at them and said, these are the exact same gauge as the strings that i want, and they are five dollars more. he said "yeah man but they're dimebag strings". and there u have it.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Last edited by psychokiller99 at Nov 5, 2007,
I asked them what the dealio was, and they said that they had tried every single cab they had in stock, and the one it was running through (I believe it was a Randall) made it sound the best it could possibly sound. Which was still terrible, as everyone in the store agreed.

I'm still determined to try a Revolution 1.
Yeah, as far as what I've tried, the Razorbacks are the only post-death product that wasn't a fail with Dimebag's name on it. It's a shame he never got to play one. And it's not a total exploit since he did in fact design them.

And yes, I know most of you think they are ugly. Poo on you.
Thats pretty sad. Yeah he never even got to try out the finished Krankenstein product.

Everyone rags on the dimebucker though, I can see why but I have heard guitars with dimebuckers run through em and most of them sounded just fine. My friends got one in his SG and it seems alright.

Yeah but try out the Revolutions, he used those so they must be alright!
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
Quote by psychokiller99
marshall cabs FTW...in fact marshall anything FTW...no wait, all-valve amps FTW

Marshall cabs aren't always that good, I prefer Orange Cabs for use with my engl amp
Orange Enthousiast.
Quote by TTC
Marshall cabs aren't always that good, I prefer Orange Cabs for use with my engl amp

I haven't tried any Orange products but I always hear really good things about them. But I still haven't found a better cab to plug just about any head into than the Marshall 1960. Maybe it's just me but I LOVE that cab.
Quote by mafropetee
I haven't tried any Orange products but I always hear really good things about them. But I still haven't found a better cab to plug just about any head into than the Marshall 1960. Maybe it's just me but I LOVE that cab.

I guess it are those G12T-75 speakers in the 1960 cabs which make me dislike the cab, my amp sounds way better on Vintage 30's.
Orange Enthousiast.
Gotta wonder about a company that has cartoon characters endorsing its products. And yea the thing with dimebag has gone beyond overboard. I dont think he has been doing a whole lot of endorsing lately. Just like there is a tomy Iommi epiphone but Ive never seen him play one. If you put someone cools name on it somebody will buy it.