Ive got a Gibson LP Classic. I recently loaned it to a friend and when I got it back Ive noticed one main problem. The Dstring has no sustain and volume changes occur while playing it . I replaced the string and then noticed the tuner was loose and tightened that back up. When I play the d string above the 9th fret, the sound is dead. If I bend the note, the string is silenced. If I slide up anywhere past the 12th fret, the string is silenced or the volume and sustain just isnt there. Other then this string, the guitar sounds and plays perfect. Any suggestions to what may be causing this or how to fix it?
Electrics- 77 Les Paul Studio, 92 Custom Midnight BLue Strat, 2003 Les Paul Classic, 84 Strat, 99 SG Standard, Taylor 314 CE, Ovation 77 Legend, Marshall JCM200 Dual Lead head and 1960 cab, Fender Stage 160, 94 FEnder Jazz Bass
Either get it re-fretted or get someone to fix the intonation...
That should take care of it...
I had a friends SG doing the same thing...
My mom says I'm cool-
The world needs a clown-
The Dr. says real milk could kill me-

Milhouse
make sure the string is on the right place in the bridge.. that happened 2 me.. embarrasing....
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
I have the same problem on my epi les paul also on the D- string but on the 7th fret
it really sucks, I raised the action (it helped a little )
but still I'm going to have it set up properly