ok, so a while back I got an Ibanez RG3EX1, and was really happy with my purchase. However, after a while I looked around to see what kind of wood it is made of, and was left with 2 possibilities: basswood or mahogany. Well, after a bit of further looking around I STILL have no idea what it's made of. Any ideas?
It's basswood.

Edit: some reviews claim it's mahogany, but I think that's wrong. Do you get a backache from playing it standing up for extended periods? If not, it's probably basswod.
Last edited by kyrreca at Nov 5, 2007,
I'm quite guessing... *not...?* that it's Basswood. Only guitars that I can think of that are made by Ibanez that are Mahogany wood guitars are RG321MH *Mahogany Fixed-Bridge* and most if not all of the S-series.
Quote by kyrreca
It's basswood.

Edit: some reviews claim it's mahogany, but I think that's wrong. Do you get a backache from playing it standing up for extended periods? If not, it's probably basswod.

hahahahaha...I bought a strap for my other guitar a while ago, and that led to it falling down a flight of stairs, so I stopped using it and haven't really bought another strap since.... it isn't exactly the lightest guitar I've played, though.
Get the serial and contact Ibanez?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)