Well I finally got my new amp this past weekend (Valveking 112) and since Christmas is coming up I'd like to get a pedal for boosting my solos and getting some different tones. I was thinking of the TS9, I tired it before but it wasn't on an amp anything like mine, would that suit my needs? I play mostly classic rock. Any other recommendations are welcome.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
You could probably do with a clean booster or even an EQ pedal - the Tubescreamer is an overdrive pedal. It might still do what you want tho, but I suggest you try it before you buy it. However, it's got a damn good reputation.
check out maxon od9 and od808, probably superior to the ibanez yes they wil do what you want
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
tubescreamer is great for classic rock. Keep in mind they really shine when you got it in front of a tube amp already slightly overdriven.
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
check out maxon od9 and od808, probably superior to the ibanez yes they wil do what you want

+1 to the Maxons over the Ibanezs, slightly better sounding to me, and the OD-808 is cheaper than the TS-808 and can be modded to true-bypass. OD-9 is about as much as a TS-808 (I believe) and is true-bypass as well. Try an Ibanez Tubescreamer out in a store if you can (if the store doesn't carry Maxon) and then if you like it, grab the Maxon off the internet or something instead, I guarantee you'll be satisfied if you liked the Ibanez.

A clean boost would also be good as well, if you wanted to go that route, I'd suggest a BBE Boosta Grande, however, if you want a little bit different sound than what your amp already has, I think you'd be better off going with the OD as, with my experiences, the clean boosts really don't change a whole lot.

EQ should also do what you want, so just try em all out!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
defenetly. i use the level all the way up just for a small boost in gain and then any extra gain needed just put up the drive a tad its good for a small boost which doesnt add colour to your amp sound

I used it on the song in my profile :P although my amp isint the same as yours so might not help