I bought a Nady wireless guitar system off ebay and it arrived today and it worked fine for about 30 mins. But then this humming started building up more n more, to the point where i couldn't hear the note anymore, but then it would suddenly stop, and begin to build up again

Can anyone tell me wtf is going on? Is it picking up signals from something else? (my amp is about 2m away from my computer)

Please help me cos i don't wanna sell it straight away when there's nothing wrong with it
Computers & phones can sometimes cause signal interference. Try moving your rig away from any other electronic signal sources. That's one of the problems with having only one antenna on your receiver instead of two. Two-antenna versions switch to the other antenna if one picks up interference. Also, be sure you have a fresh battery in the transmitter.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
OK i really don't know what's going on. I turned my computer and phone off and moved the receiver to the other side of the room, and the humming is still there. However I noticed that when the humming starts, the light on the receiver box is constntly lit (the one that says when it is receiving a signal) meaning there is something giving it off, and i have no idea what

has anyone else who has a wireless guitar system ever had this problem? Any idea how to solve it?
Seems like it's picking up something on the same radio frequency that you need to play. I'd suggest taking your entire rig to a friend's house at least several blocks away, & trying it there to rule out any localized interference. Also, Jackson pickups (at least most of the ones I've tried, & my own Jackson) seem to be much more microphonic (pick up unwanted noise/signals) than most. I'd also try a different guitar if possible. Otherwise, you may have a problem w/ the wireless units themselves.
What's odd is that you said it worked fine for 1/2 hour. Did you check the 9V transmitter battery?

Good luck, man.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011