Hey everyone. I have 2 questions.

1) Do you think it would be a good idea to sell my Ibanez Sr505 for a 6 string either Sr506 or Schecter 6 string? How much do you think I would get for the Sr505 is what I really mean. There is nothing really wrong with it. It is about 1.5 years old. I got it in Feb 06. Any other details or pics I could provide.

2) How do you definitly tell if your neck is warped? My frettless and 505 seem like the frets are further from the string towards the higher notes but my 4 string seems like its close to equal distance the whole way.

Answers would be nice
I have no knowledge of either basses so I can help you there as for your neck being warped it sounds like the action needs adjustment
1. That's entirely up to you. If you feel the need to ditch the 505 for a 6-string, go for it.

2. If some frets seem closer to the strings than others, that should be simple neck bowing. You can fix that by adjusting the truss rod, but I'm not exactly qualified to give advice on that. Hopefully, there's someone else around here who can help you with truss rod adjustments. The thing you should look out for is torque in the neck...if the fretboard starts twisting, you have a problem.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Biehayn
Hey everyone. I have 2 questions.

1) Do you think it would be a good idea to sell my Ibanez Sr505 for a 6 string either Sr506 or Schecter 6 string? How much do you think I would get for the Sr505 is what I really mean. There is nothing really wrong with it. It is about 1.5 years old. I got it in Feb 06. Any other details or pics I could provide.

you guys should talk!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706239
Quote by Biehayn

2) How do you definitly tell if your neck is warped? My frettless and 505 seem like the frets are further from the string towards the higher notes but my 4 string seems like its close to equal distance the whole way.

Answers would be nice

as mentioned before, a warp refers to twisting of the neck. the bow in a neck can be adjusted. all bass necks bow slightly, if adjusted properly.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Although, with the Torzal Twist Bass the twisted neck is a good thing

That's bloody brilliant! I hope it becomes more common, for I surely cannot afford such a thing.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.