when i plug in my acoustic electric, i get a weird sound out of it.. nothing really out of the ordinary, you can just tell that the guitar has been plugged in rather than mic-ed, and it sounds kinda 'fake'.. i know its hard to explain, but down to the question: is there any sort of accessory to improve the sound of an acoustic-electric?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
You can mess with the settings on the amp and/or guitar. It could just be a ****ty amp as well.
Yeah. More than likely you need to mess with the EQ to get the sound of the real guitar.
you're problem is most likely your amp. what kind of amp are you playing out of? and are you using the takamine in your signature?
yeah, i'm using the Takamine. however, i'm not using an amp, i plug into my Mbox recording hardware.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
well Takamine standard pickup systems are much better than average, so if yours is functioning properly that wouldn't be the problem. that being said, i suppose you just need to mess with the settings on the guitar's preamp and on your box until you get the sound you're looking for.