Hey I just started learning the guitar. I was wondering if there are good books to buy for beginners I have an acoustic guitar. I have been looking around and would rather find a book that people recommend.

Thanks
The "Dummies" books are pretty good. I have the one for blues guitar and I'll probably be buying this one at some point because it teaches some decent songs.
there is this book called "Absoulte Beginners: guitar" Thats how i learned. comes with an awsome book and DVD. the Book and the DVD are the same thing but help you learn. in the next 2 months or depends on how long you practice... you will know everything you need to know. Check your local book store. good luck!
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Check out justinguitar.com. It's free online lessons with text and video. Great for beginners learning chords.
oh yeah! justinguitar.com! yeah he is a good instructer. Yes all his lessons are free. He shows you some on Youtube.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
my book is called fast track:Guitar 1 it really easy to learn from and includes a cd. :stickpoke
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
thanks for all the help. I'll check it all out. I want to learn it right, and not worry later on that I am doing something wrong
Quote by tifta
thanks for all the help. I'll check it all out. I want to learn it right, and not worry later on that I am doing something wrong
well good luck to ya.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Quote by MetallicGod07
well good luck to ya.

thanks I'll need it :P
I just have to say that it will be tough on your fingers the first few weeks. But later you will buil calluses(spelling?) and you can play as long as you want.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Quote by MetallicGod07
I just have to say that it will be tough on your fingers the first few weeks. But later you will buil calluses(spelling?) and you can play as long as you want.

Well learning pretty fast how tough the strings are on fingers. I have been playing for about a week and they hurt, even when I am typing How long does it take for you to build your fingers up?? I play about 2 hours a day
It depends what style you want to learn, but Aaron Sherer classical method, for classical, but for rhythm guitar, Rhythm Guitar Method by Progressive is a good all around book to start for self study.
Michael Ferris
ferrisguitar.com