Hey guys, I was just wondering if guitar center employees are actually as willing to haggle as everyone says they are?

Because I was hoping to save up some money and when i go to windsor to see family for christmas, eventually drive to detroit, and buy a guitar for cheap (hopefully). I was thinking this was a good idea because the canadian dollar is doing pretty well, and I heard that at the end of the month you can easily find someone who will be easy to haggle with. Does anyone know if this is actually true or not?

Thanks in advance.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I managed to get an $81 JB for $80.

That's the extent of my experience on the matter.
Ya if you're buying a guitar usually you can. They will sometimes throw in cables or cases or things like that, but usually not take off the guitar. Also, if you have seen something new online at a cheaper price they will usually match. At least both of those have happened for me.
oh okay, thanks guys, gues i'll look around for one cheaper and just try and get them to add in as much as i can
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Well, they do shave some off if you REALLY want to walk with it, try to be nice and tell them how much you are willing to spend
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.