I know its been out for a bit, but has anyone played it? Ive only just sorted out my connection so im downloading now. I also hear theres a file that allows DX9 gamers to get DX10 visuals!!! :O im sure i cant handle those since i only have a Geforce 7900gs and a athlon 3800 64 bit cpu...but i reckon i can still run it.

Post some screenies guise if you have it!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
I totally forgot i heard about the demo! Downloading right now. My computer is gonna take a **** when i try to run it i know it!
It's pretty nice. Play through it more than once - it's definitely better once you get the hang of everything. Aiming is a little strange in that you usually have to aim lower than the crosshair is, but other times it seems normal. Overall a quality game and the demo is certainly good enough to make you want the full thing.
I am hopeful for you.
The engine has honestly the worst optimisation I've ever come across. You seriously can't even run the thing on medium unless you have a quad core SLi watercooled beast.

I can run games like Bioshock on maximum details and maintain a steady 40FPS. The UT3 demo, although it only has medium content, runs at least 50. In Crysis I bareley scraped above 15 FPS in the ****ing LOWEST settings. And the lowest settings look WORSE than the original Far Cry. Seriously.

And it isn't just me. All the gamers I know see the same thing. The graphics aren't even all that great, it's just the engine is so badly coded you need a beast to run it.

TL;DR- Crysis is an overhyped game, with a ****ty engine, overrated graphics, and most likely sub par gameplay. If the final version has any of the free roaming open choice **** it was supposed to have, I will be majorly suprised.
my setup is:
AMD 3400+ Venice
ATI Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
2GB G.Skill DDR400 PC3200
DFI LanParty CFX3200

its not the greatest machine out there, and it runs the game at medium settings just fine. btw this demo owns, who else has killed an asian with a turtle? no greater feeling my friends.
ooo not liking the feedback here!. Well my connection pooped, out, wireless constanly loosing connection so im gonna have to get it off my mate tomorrow. He says its awesome though and have been showing me FRAPS movies and pics. Im still hyped up, no matter how scathing vermintide's post was! if its a let down..i shall have to experience the letdown myself.
Because farcry was focking awesome.
Gear:
After hearing about some guy having his computer fried while playing Bioshock, I've decided I'm not playing any of these new 'super graphics' games until I buy a new set up. I don't know exactly what all I have, but I know it's not good enough.
Spiral Out
computer games do not fry computers unless the computer was oveclocked and overheated as a result. thats the guys fault not the games.
Gear:
I run the demo with all on medium fairly good (25-60 fps), and btw i run the Unreal 3 demo on *FULL* graphics @ 40-60fps.

Specs:
Amd Athlon 3800 64 X2
MSI Radeon RX1950PRO 512 MB GDDR3
1 Gb Geil DDR2 800 Mhz

(btw, me nerd? yup, currently being educated to be a professional computer nerd :P)

EDIT:
No overclocking whatsoever btw, but rather some tuned memory tweaking, and unofficial graphics drivers. (Omega is the best unofficial drivers IMO)
Last edited by Sheepdragon at Nov 5, 2007,
damn you. Im surprised your holding up well on 1 gb though. I recently threw in another stick and the games love it.
Gear:
One thing though, i don't run any background programs while playing any games, except for WMP, when i want to listen to music when i play (depends on the game) That improves overall performance as i don't let my computer power go to waste on unnecessary "bloatware". So if i let my computer run idle with the amount of background programs i have running while playing games, i use a total of 200mb of ram, 220 mb with WMP.
Quote by Sheepdragon
and btw i run the Unreal 3 demo on *FULL* graphics @ 40-60fps.

The UT3 demo only contained medium textures etc., bro. It's impossible to run the demo at high, because it simply didn't include the data
Omega messed me up quite a bit, loads of driver conflicts. And he no longer update sthem?. But even at that i expected crysis to take up about a GB of memory itself! Taking into acount the amount of physics crammed into there that the sytem has to handle.
Gear:
I didn't think it was anything good. My new pc that runs all the new orange box games at max settings had to be on low 800x600 low graphics to play crysis. Plus the gameplay wasnt that good...
Yes but you have to understand that source engine games are massivley optimised so they run great,and even entry level pc's can run them at high levels these days. Can you post some computer specs?
Gear:
So i just ran it for a little bit. And the results were ehh "playable"

Im running: (i know my pc is outdated, you dont have to tell me twice.
1 gb ram
Nvidia Geforce 6200OC 256 mb.
P4 @2.8ghz

The detect optimal settings button yielded me all low options (suprise!) The game looked decent. Stuttered every once and a while, but the pop up was the worse i have ever seen in any game. It didnt seem like anything special though playing it. Nothing that sets it apart from any other FPS (i didnt finish the demo though, maybe i missed something?)

Needless to say, i wont be running out to the store to buy it.
Played it on my ole comp: AMD64 3700+, Nvidia 7600 GTS, 2Gig PC400DDR. Only tried it on low. The scaling does suck. If you scale back HL2 on and older system it still looks better than this game does on low. You can tell you are missing all kinds of stuff. The game play is alright. I dont like the little pop up menu. Why should I have to use it to put a silencer on my gun? Rather use my mouse like all other games. If I had some super kickass computer I would go buy this game just to see all the eye candy in it. But for game play, im not impressed.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube