ok so my girlfriend is grounded and she got her phone taken away. so i gave her mine so that we can still talk. i was just gonna use my moms phone to text her but then i remembered that one day a while back our drummer sent me a text using aol instant messanger. it was in a text not a instant message so i dont know how he did it. i would ask him but i dont have my phone that has his number in it. so if anyone knows how to do this please help me out
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
yea you can do it...some girl started texting me using AIM awhile back

i think she just put my cell number into her buddy list and then it was just like talking to someone through their AIM name
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by RageAgainst...
yea you can do it...some girl started texting me using AIM awhile back

i think she just put my cell number into her buddy list and then it was just like talking to someone through their AIM name

yeah thats how you do it, you can like hit "add new buddy" and then it says like enter screename, enter phone, and other whatnots
just enter the phone number, and send it like normal on aim, you should be good to go
on whatever phone you have send a txt to your IM account then just change the number
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
Download the new version of AIM?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Who pays for the SMS? I don't think that **** works unless your phone has an internet data package, which is lots o' money!

Why don't you just sneak in through her window like a real gentleman would?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
^ you can send IM's to cell phones with Yahoo messenger for free, i would assume that its free with other IM's as well
Quote by anti_flag_army
^ you can send IM's to cell phones with Yahoo messenger for free, i would assume that its free with other IM's as well

How the hell does that work? Think about it. You send an SMS from your local computer. How does it know which cellphone provider it needs to contact? If it finds that out, who does the cellphone provider charge for the data? They can't charge the sender, since it's not coming from a phone... But they can't charge the receiver because that's a huge security hole. Fees could pile up for the receiver if the sender keeps harassing them.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
How the hell does that work? Think about it. You send an SMS from your local computer. How does it know which cellphone provider it needs to contact? If it finds that out, who does the cellphone provider charge for the data? They can't charge the sender, since it's not coming from a phone... But they can't charge the receiver because that's a huge security hole. Fees could pile up for the receiver if the sender keeps harassing them.

First off, if you send a text to someone you dont tell your phone what provider your sending to, you just put in the number. same with the IM. I know it works because i have dont it to my own phone and others.

And if the person you are sending to had a messaging plan, then they dont get charged, like i have unlimited any messages on my phone. If they dont have a plan the receiver of the text would get charged the 10 cents or so for that message.

All i know is that it works. give me your cell number and ill show you. Just kidding

Edit: i just did it with MSN messenger too, all it said was" the recipients of this message may be charged by their provider"

Edit again: The message i got first was asking if i would allow the message to be sent to my phone, and to reply with an a for allow or d for deny, then i got the message i sent to myself
Last edited by anti_flag_army at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by anti_flag_army
If they dont have a plan the receiver of the text would get charged the 10 cents or so for that message.

So I could send you 500 spam messages in a row for a grand total of $50? And you would just pay that? Even though you weren't conversing with me?

No, sounds like BS to me, I'll have to research this.

EDIT: Seems AOL has got some kinda deal going on with Verizon and AT&T. I guess this is a US only thing.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Last edited by Muphin at Nov 5, 2007,