i kno theres a million threads like this, and i just couldnt hunt through them all. right now im working with a boss os-2 thru a peavey heritage vtx. i currently have a epi les paul and i LOVE it. what i wanna do is put some thicker strings on it and keep it down tuned, then keep a guitar in standard, possibly with a whammy. i play mostly metal, hard rock, classic rock, etc. any suggestions? i have about 400 us dollars to work with. i kno thats kinda low, but no financial crisis will stop me from getting a new guitar . thanks ahead of time.

ps. if i were to upgrade pickups in either my lp or my new guitar, what should i get? im lost when it comes to pickups. thanks.
i really like the damien, the neck is kick ass. i am trying to stay away from black cause thats what my lp is and i want some variety. but ill def keep that one in mind, thanks.
well if you're a paul man, epi makes some les pauls with floyd rose trems, get one of those and drop some EMG's and you have one decent axe
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i really like the damien, the neck is kick ass. i am trying to stay away from black cause thats what my lp is and i want some variety. but ill def keep that one in mind, thanks.

nah thats still an LFR. Get some versatility going and get a strat.
Ah damn, that leaves out the JH200. Guess if you want a non-black guitar with a trem that won't infuriate you, then a Strat's the only way to go.