I am currently playing a Ibanez artcore that was about $350 and I'd like to step up to another level. Should I just get a higher end Ibanez or another brand completely so please recommend some guitars. I want to stay in the $450 to $600 dollar range. I play mainly music like death cab, circa survive, stuff with alot of effects and what not.

thanks
You won't find anything significantly better until you get up into the +$1000 USD.
I don't know what model Artcore you have now, but for the most part, they're all very decent. I'd look into upgrading hardware and electronics on what you have now.
I've got the AS73, this may be a dumb question but how do you upgrade the hardware? get a better bridge or what?
Quote by sobrandnew2232
I've got the AS73, this may be a dumb question but how do you upgrade the hardware? get a better bridge or what?

Personally, the two things I'd focus on are the bridge and the tuners. It's expensive, but the Gotoh 510 bridge from stewmac is outstanding. I immediately noticed an improvement in tone and sustain when I installed it on my AR. Tuners are are really your choice, I personally prefer Gotoh. The ACH pickups get alot of mixed reviews, most of the negatives are from people who play heavier music, so you might consider new pickups as well.
The most annoying thing on my AS73 is the nut. I would change it out for a graphite one.
okay so actually i can't find my guitar on musicians friend, so i'm not sure if it is the AS73...i can't find the exact one i have, it's black w/ a white border around the body