I need help setting out a 'timetable' for guitar. I play for around 2-3 hours a day.

Would it be better to play a certain technique for a while? Or play a few in short amounts of time? As well, I practice on an acoustic (technique wise), is that any good? Then I play songs on my electric.

I just need some tips on what to do, and if someone could set out a rough routine for me, that'd be awesome.
i usually practice chords then scales and then i practice songs i know, then i try to learn songs by ear, and then i just try to write songs. www.blackbeltguitar.com
there is a lot of great practicing tips on that site.
I've finally finished my exams today, so I have three months before Uni where I can get about six hours of practice a day depending on work.

What I'm going to try is something along these lines:

Learn song on Electric
Learn song on Acoustic/Singing
Learn song on Piano/Keyboard
Learn song on Drums
Theory
Guitar scales
Sweeping
Improvising/Jamming
Ear training

I'll warm up first, then do each of these for about 40 minutes, with short breaks every now and then. I will vary the order each day to hopefully prevent it from getting stale. A few of those areas overlap as well, and I no doubt will make changes to what I do.

Obviously you may not play those instruments, but this might give you a few ideas.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
I've finally finished my exams today, so I have three months before Uni where I can get about six hours of practice a day depending on work.

What I'm going to try is something along these lines:

Learn song on Electric
Learn song on Acoustic/Singing
Learn song on Piano/Keyboard
Learn song on Drums
Theory
Guitar scales
Sweeping
Improvising/Jamming
Ear training

I'll warm up first, then do each of these for about 40 minutes, with short breaks every now and then. I will vary the order each day to hopefully prevent it from getting stale. A few of those areas overlap as well, and I no doubt will make changes to what I do.

Obviously you may not play those instruments, but this might give you a few ideas.

you must be rich
Quote by JoshCrawford
you must be rich

Yeah I guess I am compared to much of the world, but pretty average for Australians. I work in a shop, my dad's a shelf packer and my mum's a teacher. I have photos of my gear in my profile if you want to take a look.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums