Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
i doubt you're going to find one of these people on UG

It's a open question.

I think it's ridiculous that the fundamental belief of their protest contradicts what they believe.
He didn't get the death penalty, but Eric Rudolph did get life in prison.

Generally speaking, if you are willing to kill for a cause - regardless of what it is - something probably isn't right in your head.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
Quote by sthall
He didn't get the death penalty, but Eric Rudolph did get life in prison.

Generally speaking, if you are willing to kill for a cause - regardless of what it is - something probably isn't right in your head.

I believe in noble killings, which can only be justified in self defense.

For example, Britain attacked Germany in defense of it's allies in world war two. If no-one thought back, the world would be a grimmer place.
there is only one cause worth killing for

that cause is the belief that killing is right
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
I don't consider myself pro-life as much as I consider myself anti-abortion. I support the death penalty, and I personally believe people who perform abortions should be tried just as any other murderer. I'm not against killing perpetrators of violent crimes, and I group abortion doctors in with that group; I'm opposed to the killing of innocent people. That's where the difference is.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
I believe you'll find that pro-lifers have their own spectrum; for instance, I believe it to be wrong to have or do abortions, but I don't believe you should kill on the issue because it's just not life threatening.
Quote by Allnightmask22
I don't consider myself pro-life as much as I consider myself anti-abortion. I support the death penalty, and I personally believe people who perform abortions should be tried just as any other murderer. I'm not against killing perpetrators of violent crimes, and I group abortion doctors in with that group; I'm opposed to the killing of innocent people. That's where the difference is.

thats quite possibly the best way you could have defended that view.
i disagree, i think capital punishment is wrong, even though i disagree with abortion, but still, i have a LOT of respect for you right now
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Quote by Allnightmask22

The problem with this is many things.

For example, lets say hunting was banned and the people who hunted were trialed and sentenced. To them, this would be outrageous, because they consider it a acceptable passtime.

Similar to abortion; there are doctors raised up to think that abortion is okay and natural; therefore they think it.

Many people's morals come from upbringing in plenty of cases. I believe that their methods is to change attitudes before taking action.
Cause they're morons.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Vermintide
The simple answer, Craigo, is that those people are stupid.

Hard to accept, I know.

I also wanted to fuel a debate, I've starteda few in the pit recently, so its all good.
I'd be pro-life only for I believe that in some cases it may be neccassary. I'm also anti-death penalty. I don't consider my views honourable or liberal or anything, and I don't claim to be self-rightous or anything. Is it not normal to abstain from killing?
I find it strange that some people don't believe that murder is wrong. Because some warped judicial system finds human life expendable only makes evident the lack of respect for human rights.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
I could see this same arguement on C-SPAN...

...ya know, without all of the unneccessary READING

You are all sheep. :|
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Blow Me
I could see this same arguement on C-SPAN...

...ya know, without all of the unneccessary READING

You are all sheep. :|

Go away if you're not gunna contribute. We're sheep? For having opinions based on the best of our knowledge?
What about you, who doesn't even have an opinion on it but instead complains about people who do?
Less ignorance please before you post on a topic that obviously requires an opinion!
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Quote by Craigo
The problem with this is many things.

For example, lets say hunting was banned and the people who hunted were trialed and sentenced. To them, this would be outrageous, because they consider it a acceptable passtime.

Similar to abortion; there are doctors raised up to think that abortion is okay and natural; therefore they think it.

Many people's morals come from upbringing in plenty of cases. I believe that their methods is to change attitudes before taking action.

I wouldn't have it so everyone who has performed an abortion is immediately rounded up and shot; I'd like abortion to be made illegal. I don't believe it is within anybody's right to kill a human being because their existence is an inconvenience. To me, life begins at conception, and abortion is a way to end that life, accordingly, I believe that to be morally wrong. My view on the death penalty comes from this: If there is a single person throughout human existence who could do something that would convince you they deserve to die (IE: Killing your family, whatever.) Then you believe in the death penalty. I certainly believe that there are acts people can commit that would merit an execution, and that line is set before abortion. Morally, I believe these people should be imprisoned, and maybe in some cases, executed. This is all based on the assumption that abortion would be illegal.

I think abortion should be illegal, therefore, I believe that people who perform abortions should be punished. I'm not going to firebomb an abortion clinic, and I'm not going to advocate tracking down doctors and killing them in their homes. Whatever my personal beliefs are, they are only beliefs until they coincide with the law. Currently, the law says women have the right to have abortions, regardless of if anyone agrees, that's the law. Period. Now, hypothetically speaking, if abortions were made illegal, and people were still performing them (which I'm sure would happen,) then these doctors would be treated by the public as murderers and criminals, etc. Maybe they'd be put to death in some states. Anyway, my point is this: From a moral standpoint, I think people who perform abortions should be punished by the law, whether that's life in prison or execution should be determined at their trial. Until abortions ARE made illegal, them being punished is just an opinion of mine, and there is no real basis for them to be killed or incarcerated. There's a difference, they should only really be held accountable if the act is made illegal; and any hunter who continues to hunt after hunting is made illegal should be held accountable. I agree that what we believe has lots to do with the environment we were raised in, however, personal beliefs should always be kept in check if they violate the law. Thinking something is morally right is no excuse for breaking the law.

That all being said, I think anti-abortion people need to really step up their efforts to get laws passed. Trying to convince people at Planned Parenthood that they're evil is A) Nearly never effective against the individual. B) Detrimental to the cause. C) A paper tiger situation. Very loud and noticeable, but no steps are being taken to remedy the problem.

/rant.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
I wouldn't have it so everyone who has performed an abortion is immediately rounded up and shot; I'd like abortion to be made illegal.

Never implied.

I don't believe it is within anybody's right to kill a human being because their existence is an inconvenience. To me, life begins at conception, and abortion is a way to end that life, accordingly, I believe that to be morally wrong. My view on the death penalty comes from this:

Fair play so far.

If there is a single person throughout human existence who could do something that would convince you they deserve to die (IE: Killing your family, whatever.)[/Then you believe in the death penalty. I certainly believe that there are acts people can commit that would merit an execution, and that line is set before abortion. Morally, I believe these people should be imprisoned, and maybe in some cases, executed. This is all based on the assumption that abortion would be illegal.

No, no and no. People can change and people have changed, dramaticly, and the British legal system has shown that where we have no death penalty. Why kill someone off when they can be punished and they can change? That's the whole point of criminal rehab, and it works wonders in plenty of situations. It's another life saved in my eyes, from their own actions and from ours.

Main issue here is what I have in bold. This is my key argument; people do not deserve to be locked up for what they were taught was okay. Like I said, attack attitudes first, then make action.

I think abortion should be illegal, therefore, I believe that people who perform abortions should be punished. I'm not going to firebomb an abortion clinic, and I'm not going to advocate tracking down doctors and killing them in their homes. Whatever my personal beliefs are, they are only beliefs until they coincide with the law.

People will initally oppose it, but if you attack the attitudes first, there would be better chance of acceptance. Another benefit.

Currently, the law says women have the right to have abortions, regardless of if anyone agrees, that's the law. Period. Now, hypothetically speaking, if abortions were made illegal, and people were still performing them (which I'm sure would happen,) then these doctors would be treated by the public as murderers and criminals, etc. Maybe they'd be put to death in some states. Anyway, my point is this: From a moral standpoint, I think people who perform abortions should be punished by the law, whether that's life in prison or execution should be determined at their trial. Until abortions ARE made illegal, them being punished is just an opinion of mine, and there is no real basis for them to be killed or incarcerated. There's a difference, they should only really be held accountable if the act is made illegal; and any hunter who continues to hunt after hunting is made illegal should be held accountable. I agree that what we believe has lots to do with the environment we were raised in, however, personal beliefs should always be kept in check if they violate the law. Thinking something is morally right is no excuse for breaking the law.

Problem - you a guided solely by the book rather than what you percieve is right or wrong. Morals are unique to everyone and should not be accountable to the law, but should be subject to change when they open up their minds and let the law persuade them. So, my argument is, that this is where the law becomes moral; with reason and where the convicted should agree, so they know not what they got wrong, but why, instead of the book being thrown at their face.

So, to help lower abortions, because it isn't law yet, is to tackle attitudes.

That all being said, I think anti-abortion people need to really step up their efforts to get laws passed. Trying to convince people at Planned Parenthood that they're evil is A) Nearly never effective against the individual. B) Detrimental to the cause. C) A paper tiger situation. Very loud and noticeable, but no steps are being taken to remedy the problem.

Plenty of bills have been passed, and failed. So they protest to try and changed attitudes. Looks like the way to go. You can your opinion alone won't change anything. Voice it up!