what differences in sound does it make if i change power amp tubes and if i change pre-amp tubes?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
i no that. jesus. i meant for a tube amp
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Also what type of tube you are chaning from.

The difference in sound between a really worn out Sovtek 6L6 to a NOS Mullard EL34 would be pretty big...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
but what is the function of changing tubes in a power amp? and what is the function of changing tubes in a pre- amp?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
I know that...I'm just being an ass.

i kno...I was to.

this is the second thread ive seen his mg get dissed. HA

I THINK he might realize now that it blows, and he's wondering about tubes, and is gong to get a good tube amp. ? ( Atleast i hope he is, for his ears sake, and everone around him.)
Quote by kazra90
but what is the function of changing tubes in a power amp? and what is the function of changing tubes in a pre- amp?

Well, you'd change 'em...if they need to be replaced. If you use your amp a lot and crank it, maybe 1- 2 years, you'll end up replacing the power tubes.
Preamp tubes can last a lot longer.

Again, it depends on the type, but it can change your tone significantly.