My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
Yyngwie Malmsteen once played an acoustic.

Don't know if this has been done or not before, good idea nonetheless.

EDIT: Serious answer, I don't believe in them, sorry. I believe there is a possibility of alien life-forms, and they are barely mythical.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Aliens fo sho.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Sasquatch
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
That Chinese Democracy will one day be released.

Also, I'd love to believe in UFOs, but knowing even a tiny bit about basic science completely shatters almost all plausibilty.

Not to say there isn't other life in the universe, it's just a rather unfortunate fact we will most likely never contact any of it. I doubt we'll ever even leave our own solar system unless we make some incredible new fundamental leap in science.
Last edited by Vermintide at Nov 5, 2007,
I'm sure there are other life forms out in the vast distances of space. but they are just too far away to come into contact with.
Santa! HES REALLL!!!!
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Aliens and Bigfoot.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I believe in a thing called love.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
I believe in a thing called love.

WIN!!
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Quote by Vermintide

Also, I'd love to believe in UFOs, but knowing even a tiny bit about basic science completely shatters almost all plausibilty.

why would science make you doubt UFOs?

what's scientifically impossible to humans doesnt mean anything to another race of umm creatures.

science isnt as concrete as you may believe
Yeah, thinking about the vastness of the universe, I don't see how there could not be aliens somewhere out there..
Quote by Vermintide

Not to say there isn't other life in the universe, it's just a rather unfortunate fact we will most likely never contact any of it. I doubt we'll ever leave our own solar system unless we make some incredible new fundamental leap in science.

I think they're purposefully waiting until China actually becomes a democracy. So yeah...don't hold your breath.

On topic: I believe in aliens of some sort or another. The chances that we are the only intelligent life in the whole universe are infinitesimally small.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
When I was younger I believed in the Loch Ness Monster, Santa Claus, and Aliens.
Honestly at this age I would still like to believe it, but sadly I just am unable to.
Damn Parents
Quote by Vermintide

I assume you mean what we as carbon based lifeforms know to be plausible? If there is such life out there, they biologically don't have to abide to the rules that we do. We know so little, it is very possible.
God.

Nah, i don;t really.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
None of them.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Jesus.

Nah I'm kidding, I don't believe in him....
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by armon77
why would science make you doubt UFOs?

what's scientifically impossible to humans doesnt mean anything to another race of umm creatures.

science isnt as concrete as you may believe

True, but that's not the problem. The problem is probability. What makes you think that out of all the billions of gallaxies, with trillions of trillions of stars, countless billions of planets, they would choose us to visit?

Sureley if it's so likely that there are other planets with life out there for aliens (or hypothetically us, in the future. Oh irony), it's less likely that any one planet is chosen for them to visit, you see?

It's not impossible for aliens to visit, by no means. It's just so incredibly unlikeley, it may as well be.
Zombies.......some day, some day....
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Quote by Vermintide
True, but that's not the problem. The problem is probability. What makes you think that out of all the billions of gallaxies, with trillions of trillions of stars, countless billions of planets, they would choose us to visit?

Sureley if it's so likely that there are other planets with life out there for aliens (or hypothetically us, in the future. Oh irony), it's less likely that any one planet is chosen for them to visit, you see?

It's not impossible for aliens to visit, by no means. It's just so incredibly unlikeley, it may as well be.

If there is this super-intelligent life that is on a light-speed and or worm hole understanding of things. Since they would have to be, to make space travel piratical. We can't even begin to comprehend anything about them. We're using primitive understanding and facts that don't hold water. You can't say anything is unlikely, in this case.
Quote by kiennM
If there is this super-intelligent life that is on a light-speed and or worm hole understanding of things. Since they would have to be, to make space travel piratical. We can't even begin to comprehend anything about them. We're using primitive understanding and facts that don't hold water. You can't say anything is unlikely, in this case.

It's still very unlikeley though.

It's not about them, or their technology. It's about why they would come here of all the other billions of places else they can go.
aliens? how are aliens a myth? i find it highly probable that there is other life in the universe somewhere. maybe even intelligent life.
#DTWD
Quote by Vermintide

It's still very unlikeley though.

It's not about them, or their technology. It's about why they would come here of all the other billions of places else they can go.

I don't think you understand what i was saying. A carbon based life-form cannot travel at light speed. Its not possible for us biologically and with the resources given on this planet to do so. These aliens would have to be unimaginatively different than us. Our rules of physics,laws,reason,truth,science,theories could be 100% backwards in regards to them. This alone makes what we know to be unlikely, worthless. Maybe they have a lot of it if not all mapped out. Who knows how long they've been at it? Maybe we're interesting to them in our simplicity. Maybe they have an agenda? maybe they don't. I also think its very unlikely though.
the elusive 'intelligent pit-goer' The rarest of all internet dwellers

i'll nab him one day...

one day...
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
if aliens did exist (which i definately believe, somewhere out there) our science (and yes i realize our science is pretty crap compared to what could exist) tells us that based on life on earth, an alien would most likely be some sort of insect or bug like creature.

based on that im thinking that they're not gonna be doing much travelling.
im thinking the aliens might not be as highly intelligent as we think

but whos to say they're not?

damn, this question will never be answered...
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by Ur all $h1t
God.

Nah, i don;t really.

Quote by thsrayas
Jesus.

Nah I'm kidding, I don't believe in him....

Originality is dead.
Also Jesus did exist, the question of his divinity is the actual debate.
Personally I believe he is divine but that is for another debate/thread.
Manbearpig

im completely cereal

Quote by sysdown27
if aliens did exist (which i definately believe, somewhere out there) our science (and yes i realize our science is pretty crap compared to what could exist) tells us that based on life on earth, an alien would most likely be some sort of insect or bug like creature.

based on that im thinking that they're not gonna be doing much travelling.
im thinking the aliens might not be as highly intelligent as we think

but whos to say they're not?

damn, this question will never be answered...

I'd like to think that if it really is that vast and what seems to us endless. There would be more than just bugs. But i like the way you think, i'm sure theres life out there that isn't on our level. Another thing that blows my mind is if they are more intelligent and have made it to our planet. Maybe their beyond conflict and war. Maybe its not in their nature at all, to get so advanced i'd Imagen they'd have to be. Maybe even with all their great technology, they still fear us for our primitive nature.
Quote by dreamtheater91
the elusive 'intelligent pit-goer' The rarest of all internet dwellers

i'll nab him one day...

one day...

If your talking to me, i'm a 21 year old almost unemployed high school drop out. Intelligent? In about 500 useless ways yeah. hahah
Page 1 of 2