I will be taking lessons here soon and I want to start checking out guitars ahead of time. I am looking for a quailty piece that I can learn on but it will also last me a while. I dont want an el cheapo, learn how to play just to buy what I should have bought to start. I will be going to my local guitar center some day this week and I would like to hear some opinions on what I should take a look/listen to. I dont plan on making a purchase until after the new year. In case anyone is familiar with ukuleles I have a PONO PT, I just bought and am learning via dvd, I would like an acoustic guitar with the same quality and value. I do not want to spend over $500....I can also get a fretlight for free...worth it or will this interfere with the lessons given by an actual teacher?
For $500 maybe a lower end Ovation..... or Takamine. Just starting out you'll want to find something that has a good feel to it so your best bet is just to line up a bunch in that price range and play them.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
One I would like to check out is the Martin DXK2, I like the look, its in my budget and has good reviews but other than that one im not sure what else to check out
Quote by bamereihn
One I would like to check out is the Martin DXK2, I like the look, its in my budget and has good reviews but other than that one im not sure what else to check out
How that thing looks is all it has going for it. It doesn't even have a solid top. Look at Yamaha and Alvarez in your price range. You'll get more for your money with those brands, over a low-end Martin. The Epiphone Masterbilt guitars are definitely worth checking out too.