Im going to end up somewhere in the 400-500 region after christmas. And my birthday is in march where ill get another 200.

Now that you know my budget lets talk about styles
1. Hard Rock
2. Punk
3. Power Pop/ Pop Punk

Question:
I think im going to buy the Boss ME-50. Ive heard it many many times and its just great. Its alittle on the pricey side, but I can deal. Now the question is, I dont want to dish out the big bucks on all those effects most amps come with. Marshalls are upwards a thousand, peaveys start at 500, and the only thing thatas loud enough, is the spider......oh....im looking for the half stacks.....so i need your advice on what amp to get that has a great clean, that I can do what I want with with the effects. I was thinking fender? Good Choice?
Peavey classic ftw.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by dewdadrew
Im going to end up somewhere in the 400-500 region after christmas. And my birthday is in march where ill get another 200.

I know I sound like a broken record around here, but am I the only person who's ever had a job?!

WTF?!

Either get serious about music and invest in it for life or don't.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Well if you get a fender they usually tend to always sound like a fender.

If you are looking for a tube amp I think the peavy classic 30 maybe good for you since it has pretty good cleans and a overdrive that if needed, could be boosted with a pedal.
A Fender tube combo is much cheaper, and fender makes very few half-stacks. With $700 or so, u can definately afford a few effects and a combo. Honestly, a Fender Blues Jr, with a good OD, delay, EQ, and Phaser, u should be good for whatever u wanna do. An ME-50 is about $200 i think. And the Blues Jr. is about $350, so youll have some leftover cash for a wah and maybe a good OD. Tube amps are much, much better sounding than any amp w/ DFX. And having seperate FX lets u switch em on and off in the middle of playing rather than going over to ur amp and turning some knobs.
Used peavey classic 30: 350 bucks
Digitech bad monkey: 50 bucks
Having a rig that can handle cleans, to blues, to metal: Priceless
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Used peavey classic 30: 350 bucks
Digitech bad monkey: 50 bucks
Having a rig that can handle cleans, to blues, to metal: Priceless

That is the answer to your question.

A Frontman is not.
Quote by dewdadrew
Thanks guys.
Any links to them??
But if not, thanks.

Well the best deal is to try and buy the amp used, but if that's not possible, the V32 and both the ODs I mentioned should be available at any guitar center or other shop.
Here they are on Musicians Friend:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30112-Tube-Amp-Combo-?sku=481014
ODs
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Bad-Monkey-Tube-Overdrive-Pedal?sku=150831
Last edited by KetchupLad14 at Nov 5, 2007,
I think I decieded on the peavey.
The price is low and I think ill buy used. I checked craidslist and they hace one, but not the right type, and ebay has some too. Any other sources.

Rig Im buying:
1. Peavey Classic 30
2. Boss ME-50

Good Choice??
If you're getting a classic 30, you may want to avoid the multieffects. It'll probably overpower your glorious new tube amp with its own digital sounds. I guess if you really really need the effects it'll be alright. But a bunch of analog pedals would work way better.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Ive been looking at the peavy classic 30 to get for christmas, since we play the same styles of music let me know how it works out. If you get it that is :] I want the tweed one
Quote by dewdadrew
I think I decieded on the peavey.
The price is low and I think ill buy used. I checked craidslist and they hace one, but not the right type, and ebay has some too. Any other sources.

Rig Im buying:
1. Peavey Classic 30
2. Boss ME-50

Good Choice??

Oh whoops. I said V32 accidentally because I was talking to someone else about sorry. I also accidentally put the wrong links, but I fixed it. Sorry.
Its ok. And is this going to be loud enough to gig with. I play at small parties and I know tubes are loud but how loud will it get but stay clean and not muddy
Oh this will definitely be loud enough. You'll be able to knock some stuff off of tables. Anything that it isn't big enough for will definitely be miced.

oh yeah, it'll do small parties easily.
Last edited by KetchupLad14 at Nov 5, 2007,