Page 1 of 6
So, today I saw an anti-gay march at school. Don't get me wrong I'm all for freedom of speech and all, but it came to me as a total culture shock. As long as I can remember I've been raised to treat everyone equally. I mean come on aren't we working towards a world where everyone is equal? Yeah sure, we might never have a world where everyone is completely equal; but we should at least try, right? I even saw a skinhead in the group. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't the original skinheads strongly against racism? I even brought myself to stop saying those popular racial slurs that make you seem so cool . I don't really know where I'm headed with this thread; maybe it's a rant, maybe a sharing experience for me, all I know is I just needed to get it of my chest. Anyway, if you have any experience with pro-gay acts or anti-gay riots feel free to share.

oh yeah...

If you're not mature enough to handle such a thread as this, please keep your "TS is a fag" comments to yourself
Don't worry, those people in that march are all close-minded jackasses.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
erm, your pissed cos you saw someone with a shaved head in a march,... ok...

AAaaahhhh just saw it was anti gay march, sorry dude. I feel a dick, and its not mine!!!
Last edited by minibrowny at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by maXterbat0r
That's ****ing ridiculous. Is that **** even allowed at schools?

If it's public school, and they have a permit from the principal.
lol, oh these homophobes make me laugh. Maybe they shld sort out there own sexuality before they start dishing out advice to those that really dont care!!

big up the gays! they've got the right to be here as much as we have!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Over here in the UK if something like that happened it would be all over the news...
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
If it's public school, and they have a permit from the principal.
So, the principal allowed a public display of hate to happen?

Man people suck.. =[
Quote by Footzyrama
lol, oh these homophobes make me laugh. Maybe they shld sort out there own sexuality before they start dishing out advice to those that really dont care!!

big up the gays! they've got the right to be here as much as we have!

Tell it to the homophobes....

"We rely on instincts and blind prejudice".
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
skinheads were completly against other races(non-whites).they hated blacks,jews(even tho jewdaism is a relgion),hispanics,orientals etc.
i'm all for freedom of speech and that stuff.....but at a school? wtf
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by hug a llama
So, today I saw an anti-gay march at school. Don't get me wrong I'm all for freedom of speech and all, but it came to me as a total culture shock. As long as I can remember I've been raised to treat everyone equally. I mean come on aren't we working towards a world where everyone is equal? Yeah sure, we might never have a world where everyone is completely equal; but we should at least try, right? I even saw a skinhead in the group. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't the original skinheads strongly against racism? I even brought myself to stop saying those popular racial slurs that make you seem so cool . I don't really know where I'm headed with this thread; maybe it's a rant, maybe a sharing experience for me, all I know is I just needed to get it of my chest. Anyway, if you have any experience with pro-gay acts or anti-gay riots feel free to share.

oh yeah...

If you're not mature enough to handle such a thread as this, please keep your "TS is a fag" comments to yourself

i recognize that Johnny avatar :0!
Quote by JC13
It better be. Free speech is free speech.

Also, racism =/= hating gays, btw.. So your skinhead thing about him being anti racist has nothing to do with his beliefs on hating/being against gays.

Skinheads are also homophobes...
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by minibrowny
erm, your pissed cos you saw someone with a shaved head in a march,... ok...

I'm not pissed, it just came as big slap in the face to me. I mean I've really never dealt with anyone who hates gays so much. I just had that feeling where I need to say something or else I'm going to burst. Ever get that feeling?

Quote by toshiro umezewa
i recognize that Johnny avatar :0!

I've never really read one though, my parents would totally kick my ass if they found out I read that stuff. I heard it from a friend and from what I hear Johnny is a character I am very interested in I have a fascination with killers ) Anyway, HIGH FIVE MAN!!!

Quote by JC13
I checked on urbandictionary, and there are apparently 4 types of skinheads... Some of which are the complete opposite of the others.. Hell, he might have just been a guy who shaves his head...

Wow, never thought of it that way. I guess we do learn new things every day. Although, I did see him wear a shirt that said "Rock Against Racism" one day. Racism is basically accepting people for who they are, so why can't he just apply that to gays? I don't know really...=/
Last edited by hug a llama at Nov 5, 2007,
i think it's even more stupid that you care about what those retards do, even if they organize a march they wont change anything.
Quote by maXterbat0r
So, the principal allowed a public display of hate to happen?

Man people suck.. =[

doh! sorry! I misread the first post. I thought it said "gay march" not "anti gay"

....my bad guys, im havin a rough day.
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
skinheads were completly against other races(non-whites).they hated blacks,jews(even tho jewdaism is a relgion),hispanics,orientals etc.

way to know your stuff
The original skinheads were black
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
thats.. wow
i guess free speach is free speach but damn.. O.o
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
you should have held a one person march against the anti-gays right across the street from them.
i guarantee people would join you and you would have a bigger march than them.

free speech ftw!
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
WTH is an anti-gay march?

My image of it is that people march down the street and mention their dislike of gays...

Isn't that pretty much the same thing as a pro-gay march, except from the other point of view?
I love the way that the name of this thread is "that was so gay."

Really, that sucks. One of my best friends recently told me he is gay, and like, its weird at first, but then you realize that its still the same guy as before. That whole march idea is really stupid.

Where was this?
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by silhouettica
I love the way that the name of this thread is "that was so gay."

Irony FTW man
Hm. TS, You live like a ten minute drive from me, but if that shit happened here, there'd be some dead skinheads on the streets. That's kind of strange. Which Fremont school was it at?
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
....in a fucking school?!?!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Hm. TS, You live like a ten minute drive from me, but if that shit happened here, there'd be some dead skinheads on the streets. That's kind of strange. Which Fremont school was it at?

Mission San Jose High School. The school is nice and all, but it's so boring here
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
I love it when people hate people that dislike gays.

The hipocracy there is hilarious.

Was that directed towards someone in here or was that just for people in general?
Quote by hug a llama
I've never really read one though, my parents would totally kick my ass if they found out I read that stuff. I heard it from a friend and from what I hear Johnny is a character I am very interested in I have a fascination with killers ) Anyway, HIGH FIVE MAN!!!

ah, that sucks, you should realy pick it up. it's fricken brilliant
Quote by AngusIsMyHero

First of all, it's hypocrisy.
Second, Homophobia is just slightly less forgivable than homosexuality. You can become tolerant of gay people. You can't become ungay.
It's the same deal with racism. You shouldn't give them encouragement.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
i know how you feel TS. i have an issue with people who hide behind the christian faith as an excuse to hate (gays or otherwise). there are more passages about loving each other than there are about stoning people because of who they are....at least to my knowledge. its people like that and the stereotype that they give off that make me hesitant to proclaim my beliefs sometimes in certain circles.

and marches against any group of people is wrong. anyone can have a parade for themselves, or a march. just dun make it against your fellow man. heck, we (white males) should have our own pride march..... thatd be awesome
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
I don't agree with a homosexuals lifestyle, but I don't hate them. I believe they should be allowed to have the same rights as someone who is straight. Though, everyone should be allowed to voice their opinions too. But an anti gay march in school? That's a pretty big distraction from your education.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by izaguF
i think it's even more stupid that you care about what those retards do, even if they organize a march they wont change anything.

There are so many things that are wrong in this statement. Its more stupid that the TS cares? WTF? Organizing marches won't change anything? Another "WTF?" just for emphasis. Its perfectly fine that he cares! And do you know how many things have been influenced by marches? How about MLK's march on Washington? I guess that didn't affect anything? GTFO my internet!
Quote by roger24
one time, when no-one was looking, i pooped in the hole of a accustic guitar.
Quote by hug a llama
Was that directed towards someone in here or was that just for people in general?

It was directed toward this:

Quote by Altered_Carbon

"Killing" the people that don't like gays is a million times worse than marching on the streets proclaiming your dislike for gays.

Those people have as much of a right to have an anti-gay march as the people that have the pro-gay march has. As long as they don't act on their dislike for gays, it is fine.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero

People who dislike gays are bigots and nosy assholes. Gays are just normal people.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by puppetmaster917
There are so many things that are wrong in this statement. Its more stupid that the TS cares? WTF? Organizing marches won't change anything? Another "WTF?" just for emphasis. Its perfectly fine that he cares! And do you know how many things have been influenced by marches? How about MLK's march on Washington? I guess that didn't affect anything? GTFO my internet!

+a lot.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.