Sorry noob question but i wana drop tune in E flat with a digital tuner (joyo jt-20) i can change this number on top right from 440-standard tuning. Sorry! I did search net for like awhile but cant get this.. I can detune by ear i just want to know how to use digital. CHEERS ANY HELP APPRECIATED!
You dont... lol it just doesn't work
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
No...not on mine at least...it has sharp on one side, and flat on the other...and the little needle goes between them, and when you think you got it, it goes to some random note
Quote by Skynyrd890
No...not on mine at least...it has sharp on one side, and flat on the other...and the little needle goes between them, and when you think you got it, it goes to some random note

isn't that just a bad tuner then?

Jack my swag
hmm mine just shows wat note im on. And not to steal your thread or anything wat is that number supposed to be on. the 440-480 i think. I just put it on like 470 or something. Is it supposed to be on a certain number.
Quote by fendr15
hmm mine just shows wat note im on. And not to steal your thread or anything wat is that number supposed to be on. the 440-480 i think. I just put it on like 470 or something. Is it supposed to be on a certain number.

Set it to 440.

It's called the calibration.

If you aren't at 440, then you aren't really in tune.

It's used for situations where you are tuning up a band that has an instrument that can't easily change its tuning, like a piano.

You change the calibration until the piano registers as being in tune, and then tune the rest of the band off of that.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Do it by ear.....Just got down half a step, tune the A string then tune it like normal then match the low E to your now Ab string.....Hope I said that right...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by FacingUsAll

Set it to 440.

It's used for situations where you are tuning up a band that has an instrument that can't easily change its tuning, like a piano.

You change the calibration until the piano registers as being in tune, and then tune the rest of the band off of that.

ha ha ha wow no wonder why whenever i tune at band practice my lead guitarist always retunes my guitar. No wonder.
Can't you tune your E string to your 6th fret, A string, and then tune as normal to the E string?
I thought by changing the 440 number then tuning you may alter key i.e 420 is Eb 400 is D... Just a guess really... So this number is for what??
Get a chromatic tuner, or tune to standard, and tune down by ear. And don't screw around with the Hertz. It's supposed to be 440...
Quote by addthelad28
I thought by changing the 440 number then tuning you may alter key i.e 420 is Eb 400 is D... Just a guess really... So this number is for what??

Quote by FacingUsAll

Set it to 440.

Read.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Any chromatic tuner i.e " this is a chromatic tuner! " "Sweet ill take it!" ..... ?