Sorry, i know there's a lot of threads on impedance but I couldn't find one that deals with 2 cabs. I just need someone to tell me if i'm seeing this right.

So, i have JSX combo and the output impedance is currently set to 16 ohms which i assume indicates that the impedance of the attached 2x12 "cab" is also 16 ohms.
Secondly, if i wanted to get another cabinet, say a marshall 1960 4x12 which can switch between 4 and 16 ohms, and run both the combo's speakers and the 4x12, i would set the 1960 to 16 ohms and set the amp's output impedance to 8 ohms, correct?
Any clarification appreciated
Austin Les Paul rip-off that sounds really nice
Gibson V
PEAVEY JSX 212
yeah, you have it right. the speaker jacks are in parallel, so 2 x 16ohm in parallel = 8ohm load the head would see.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
yeah, you have it right. the speaker jacks are in parallel, so 2 x 16ohm in parallel = 8ohm load the head would see.

Yeah, Erock503 knows his stuff. This is the correct way to do it, just in case you wanted a second opinion!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011