Hi,
I don't usually write on this forum but i decided to get a new guitar and need some advice urgently.

I'm getting an epiphone LP standard plus and was thinkin on upgrading the pick ups. The ones i'm considering are gibson 490's.

Should i bother buy them?
and how much will they effect the guitars performance?

Thank in advance
What amp do you have?

Gibson pickups are overpriced; you can spend your money better elsewhere.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
What amp do you have?

Gibson pickups are overpriced; you can spend your money better elsewhere.

I've got a roland cube 60 and a zoom g2.1u effects pedal
What music do you have?

EDIT: Sweet sentence I've constructed here.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by FacingUsAll
What music do you have?

I play punk, some metal and try to play thin lizzy's stuff.
If thats what you were askin
Quote by danny275
I play punk, some metal and try to play thin lizzy's stuff.
If thats what you were askin

Yeah that's what I meant

Crazy Editing:

Either custom order your own pickups from www.highorderpickups.com or get some Rockfield Fat Asses.

...or just buy a Michael Kelly Patriot Black since it'd be a far better guitar in the first place .

EDIT: Where'd your post go?
Quote by utsapp89
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Nov 5, 2007,
490's are pretty crap as far as Gibson pickups go. Their Burstbucker line are pretty good, depending on what you play. A #2 (neck) and #3(bridge) could suit you.
Though, I think you'd be better off with some Seymour Duncans. Something like a Alnico II Pro on the neck and a Custom Five or a Custom Custom in the bridge.