Page 1 of 3
Im stuck on which on to get, give me some reasons why one is better then the other
And im planning on getting either the new 40 gig ps3(399.99$)
comes with controller

or the Xbox Premium (399.99$)
Comes with head set if im correct and controller

what does each one come with and why is it better and why should I choose it over the other?https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif
Question
gilbyc
If it were me, I'd get the 360 but that's only because all my friends have one so we would be able to play Live.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
360, cheaper, more players, better games, less complaints, more reliable.

otherwise...

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS3, because of metal gear solid 4.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
360. the graphics on madden are so much better even if the controllers suck.
#DTWD
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
PS3, because of metal gear solid 4.

+1
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
40gig PS3, in my opinion, is a HUGE waste of money. There's no memory card port and no backwards compatability, meaning you'll be stuck with the (currently) dire selection of games.

Xbox 360 has better online play, as well as a better, wider selection of games.

I'd go with the Wii, if any of the newer consoles. It's such a blast with a bunch of mates over.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by rooster456
360, cheaper, more players, better games, less complaints, more reliable.

otherwise...

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean less complaints? Ain't no red ring of death on the PS3!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by -February-Star-
40gig PS3, in my opinion, is a HUGE waste of money. There's no memory card port and no backwards compatability, meaning you'll be stuck with the (currently) dire selection of games.

Xbox 360 has better online play, as well as a better, wider selection of games.

I'd go with the Wii, if any of the newer consoles. It's such a blast with a bunch of mates over.
what do u mean by no backwards compatability, u will only be able to play the games that are out no new ones, i dont understand what u mean
gilbyc
Personally I would go with the 360, but next year I'll buy one and my roommate will buy the other, so we don't have to worry.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by gilbyc
what do u mean by no backwards compatability, u will only be able to play the games that are out no new ones, i dont understand what u mean

can't play old games.

like xbox360 can play xbox games
and wii can play gamecube games
Quote by Oguchi Onyewu
can't play old games.

oh alright
gilbyc
Quote by Oguchi Onyewu
can't play old games.

That is so untrue. You can play PS2 and PS games on the PS3
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I'd say PS3 but thats me, cause I want more games on that then I do on the 360
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by lushacrous

he is meaning on the new 40 GIG PS3
gilbyc
I'd recommend finding a sixty gig so that you can play ps2 games on them as well.

-Sure, 360 has more games, it's been out longer. However, all the games on PS3 I've played have blown me away. Heavenly Sword? Amazing. Lair? Breathtaking. Skate? Pure ecstasy. Resistance? Great online play. Every one loves Ratchet and Clank. There's enough games out there to last me till new ones come out.

-A bunch of new games are coming out, this month is going to rock. Assassins creed, Haze, Uncharted, to name a few.

-Free online play

-They ran a test running the PS3 in 120 degree heat for 108 hours, then the same in 0 degree heat. Worked fine. It'll last you forever.

-Built in wifi

-BluRay
-don't need batteries for controllers, sixaxis controllers (awesome with lair and heavenly sword)

A astrophysicist hooked up five to make a supercomputer. They're powerful machines.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by lushacrous

i dunno someone brought that up, i was just explaning what backwards compatability meant
I'd say the 360...I'd wait to see if PS3 develops more, and wait for a few games that you definitely want that is exclusive to the PS3. Otherwise, assuming you don't WANT to waste money, I'd go with the 360.
Quote by Fishyesque
I'd recommend finding a sixty gig so that you can play ps2 games on them as well.

-Sure, 360 has more games, it's been out longer. However, all the games on PS3 I've played have blown me away. Heavenly Sword? Amazing. Lair? Breathtaking. Skate? Pure ecstasy. Resistance? Great online play. Every one loves Ratchet and Clank. There's enough games out there to last me till new ones come out.

-A bunch of new games are coming out, this month is going to rock. Assassins creed, Haze, Uncharted, to name a few.

-Free online play

-They ran a test running the PS3 in 120 degree heat for 108 hours, then the same in 0 degree heat. Worked fine. It'll last you forever.

-Built in wifi

-BluRay
-don't need batteries for controllers, sixaxis controllers (awesome with lair and heavenly sword)

A astrophysicist hooked up five to make a supercomputer. They're powerful machines.
but what does the 360 have to offer that the ps3 doesnt? like does it have better online play for example..(if u want to pay)
gilbyc
Last edited by gilbyc at Nov 5, 2007,
The thing is, games on PS3 are on BluRay disc. That holds 50 gigs. The developers for Assassins Creed said they were having trouble fitting everything on the disc for the 360.
The 360, sure, it has more games. It's been out longer. Keep in mind though, that the PS3 is just as far along as the 360 was at that point. The PS3 exclusives I've played so far were to die for. I loved them. Also, the PS3 will soon be able to play PC games.
For some games, online play is better on the 360. Like, you have a lobby in Rainbow six vegas on the 360, but don't on the PS3 version. Things like that. OH!!!! I can't believe I forgot!!!

Warhawk. Pure online, Pure awesome. Such an amazing game. Everyone I've heard who has it can't shut up about how amazing it is.
Quote by Fishyesque
The thing is, games on PS3 are on BluRay disc. That holds 50 gigs. The developers for Assassins Creed said they were having trouble fitting everything on the disc for the 360.
The 360, sure, it has more games. It's been out longer. Keep in mind though, that the PS3 is just as far along as the 360 was at that point. The PS3 exclusives I've played so far were to die for. I loved them. Also, the PS3 will soon be able to play PC games.

so ud recommend saving a bit for and getting the 60gig, PC games soon, thats awsome,( and is the only thing that is different between the 40 gig and 60 is that the 40 gig basicly cant play ps2 or 1 games?
gilbyc
Just with the 60 gig, you can play the most massive library out there, being PS2 games, because there's bound to be plenty that you'd love. And keep in mind, there are plenty of PS3 games coming soon. Even as early as this month.

Edit: Ah!! Motorstorm as well. Unbelievable.
First of all, the 60GB PS3 has backwards compatibility,
meaning you'll be able to play about 100% of your ps1 and ps2 games. It also has 4, usb ports so two people can be playing at the same time, and you can charge your ipod or do
something else with the two left. Another cool feature is that it has a memory card reader, so if you own a digital camera, you can watch your pictures on your tv, or transfer them to the ps3 hard-drive.

Now, the 40gb, has.....
no backwards compatibility, so you cant play any ps1 or
ps2 games.
and only has two usb ports, and no memory card reader.
So,...the 40gb ps3 is for those people who dont have, or dont plan on playing their old ps2 games. and dont have a digital camera, of course you can still do it, with a usb-flash drive.

Edit: (taken from Yahoo! Answers.)
Page 1 of 3