This has probably been asked thousands of times, but are these guitars any good at all? I am currently looking at this one, and the price caught my eye.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product836.html

Also, I saw in black and white, so I may have to make a decision.

EDIT: It's a douglass, is it the same as Agile?
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
They are 2 different brands.

If you can do a basic setup/maintenance by yourself, then Douglas guitars are alright.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
It's not the same as Agile...maybe made in the same factory, but I actually have no idea.

I know that Agiles are a great bang for your dollar, especially if you get a 3000 or 3100 series, but those are $400.

Sounds like your budget is lower than that. I don't know much about douglas, but looking at the specs, it isn't too bad. Basswood body is a softer wood, so it might dent easier, but i've owned a guitar with basswood body and it doesn't sound bad.

How long have you been playing? Have you used a Floyd Rose tremelo before? Do you need a guitar with a tremelo? If you ansered No for either of the last 2 questions, I would suggest you at least play a guitar that has one and learn what it's about...it can be a pain in the ass if you don't actually know how to use a locking tremelo system.

Anyways, that's about all I know. If you don't need a tremelo, I'd suggest the Agile AD guitars for sure!
Quote by ErikHoppy
It's not the same as Agile...maybe made in the same factory, but I actually have no idea.

I know that Agiles are a great bang for your dollar, especially if you get a 3000 or 3100 series, but those are $400.

Sounds like your budget is lower than that. I don't know much about douglas, but looking at the specs, it isn't too bad. Basswood body is a softer wood, so it might dent easier, but i've owned a guitar with basswood body and it doesn't sound bad.

How long have you been playing? Have you used a Floyd Rose tremelo before? Do you need a guitar with a tremelo? If you ansered No for either of the last 2 questions, I would suggest you at least play a guitar that has one and learn what it's about...it can be a pain in the ass if you don't actually know how to use a locking tremelo system.

Anyways, that's about all I know. If you don't need a tremelo, I'd suggest the Agile AD guitars for sure!

I have used a tremelo once, and there only fun to use if the guitar can scream. I have been playing for 3 years. I don't know if I exactly need a guitar with a tremelo, because like I stated before, if it can scream, I'll take it. But, if no, then no I don't need one.
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
Douglas guitars are lower quality Chinese guitars made by Saein presumably only for Agile. Some might be better than others, but I wouldn't count on that SH-1 though (licensed floyd, chinese basswood body, cheap pickups/hardware. Just save up a few more dollars and get an Agile.