Are these good guitars? I tried one out today at my local music store and i liked how it felt and how it played but i didn't really get a taste of the tone because it was late and i couldn't turn it up too loud. The closest other Flying V i know of is the Gibson faded but i have heard from many the faded are just Standard rejects and have low quality.

I am looking for a V or Exploror shaped guitar with a hardtail (will never mess with floyds again) and a reletivly thin neck. I will probably go back to get a better feel of the guitar.

My question is: are there are any good V or Explorer shaped guitars near the $500's w/o a floyd and a thin-ish neck. I really have my heart set on either a V or a Explorer shaped guitar.
Well, see I have a faded flying V with EMGS and it is ****ing awesome. so whoever says that can go **** themsevles, I'd rather take this guitar over any epiphone.
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
reverend volcano
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
80's Ibanez destroyer (dt-400 and up or destroyer 2 would be best)

Explorer shape
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
80's Ibanez destroyer (dt-400 and up or destroyer 2 would be best)

Explorer shape

I was looking at these online and they look almost exactly like the epiphone, where could i get my hands on one? (besides ebay)
Quote by Hammett5
Well, see I have a faded flying V with EMGS and it is ****ing awesome. so whoever says that can go **** themsevles, I'd rather take this guitar over any epiphone.

+1
I have a Gibson faded V also (w/ a Mojave Amp Works pickup ), & it totally rips ass. Basically the same parts as a Les Paul Studio (I played a Studio last week, & it felt exactly like the V).
I like the V better than my Jackson or Ibanez or even my American Strat, just because the notes ring clearer. Love the mahogany w/ bright , lively amps.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011