Well I have been considering getting EMG's in my Gibson Faded SG, but to be honest I know nothing about this. Would it even sound good on an SG. Also would I be able to only take out the bridge pickup (seeing as I almost never use the neck pickup) and replace it with the EMG or would I have to use an active pup for both neck and bridge? One more thing, about how much would it cost to have the EMG installed?(I'm thinking it would be pretty expensive since they would need to make room for the batteries)
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
I have EMGs in my Faded and it sounds MUCH better than the stock pickups (for what I play at least). What are you going to be playing?

You could just use the bridge pickup, but then you'd have to leave the neck pickup out of the wiring and you wouldn't be able to use it, so that's your choice.

Installation really shouldn't cost much, but if you can do them yourself (they're not that hard), you'll save yourself about $50. The battery will fit in the control cavity, it's a tight squeeze but it will work, if they tell you they need to route any wood out, take your business somewhere else.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You CAN mix passive and active pickups, but its not a good idea because the passive pickup loses pretty much all its tone and it makes it sound like crap. If you never use the neck pickup, just unhook it and just have it there for looks. As for the cost, it depends on where you take it. I work on guitars at the gear shop I work at and I install an EMG set for like $30 or $40 bucks depending on if I need to cut into the guitar to make room for the batteries.
When I had mine installed in my G-400 it cost me $75CAD, no routing was required, the battery sits in the control cavity.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
well if you never use the neck pickup and your concerned about space, take it out and wallah you have space for your 9 volt 2 go.. EMGS are ****ing awesome btw and yes it costs like 50 Bucks for them to be installed. no biggie.
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
Matrix Claw: judging by the amps you use I'm assuming you play metal? Which is the same as me (death and thrash metal to be precise). Yeah and thanks for the info guys.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/