took it to get checked out..my imput jack was messed up and my intination is really off....the whole thing costs me about 60 bucks and i think its a really reasonable price for it too..

only thing is im an overprotective guy and im kinda scared to keep my bass with this guy...but im also kinda happy cuz that intination thing was really getting on my nerves.....

but i guess i shouldnt have anything to worry about right?
Sounds like a $10 jack with a $50 setup. In most, if not all cases, the dudes who work as luthiers at guitar stores know what they're doing and they'll probably treat your bass better than you do.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
If they break it, they should cover the damages. And if they dont, i think u could sue. But luthiers arent careless, they love guitars and their job.
no the truth is that youve given your guitar to some sick sex fiend and he will rape and murder your bass, they like thick "strings"
Quote by thefitz
Sounds like a $10 jack with a $50 setup. In most, if not all cases, the dudes who work as luthiers at guitar stores know what they're doing and they'll probably treat your bass better than you do.

+1
i agree.
Quote by slap-a-bass
ok that cleared that one up lolz!

well this guy better not jack off my jack in-put

No promises.
2006 Warwick
MASTODON
Quote by thefitz

Probably more like a 5-minute soldering job and a $60 set-up.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
generally GC employees are assholes, but in my experience at least they know what they're doing/talking about most of the time, so i'm pretty sure you'll be fine
there not gonna break the bass and then give it back, especially at a large chain store as they have their reputation at stake.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by bazz_aaron
there not gonna break the bass and then give it back, especially at a large chain store as they have their reputation at stake.

For serious. TS, what got you thinking that the repair guy for a reputable instrument store is gonna **** your bass up?
luthiers will never break your bass.

nor work at guitar center.
You probably have a setup guy. If anything happens to it, they'll treat you to a new whatever of it. You shouldn't worry about it.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
He's paid to take care of your bass. Don't forget, he's a musician, too- he wouldn't want anyone messing around with his prized possession.
guitar center employees suck! they dont even know or care about basses most of the time and my friend ordered something from there and it took 6 weeks cuz they forgot the books he got in one of the guys cars
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Quote by slap-a-bass
lol for serious i don't knwo what got me thinking that........

sometimes i think of everything that could go possibly wrong...maybe its better fi i dont think at all

If you get a bit touchy with other people handling your bass, learn how to do repairs and stuff yourself. It isn't that hard, you just need to be careful and have the right tools, which aren't exactly expensive, to be fair.
Quote by Pete_C_Bass
no the truth is that youve given your guitar to some sick sex fiend and he will rape and murder your bass, they like thick "strings"

HAHAHA! nice one!!

Yeah i agree with everyone before me, they will treat your bass really well!! But i have had a bad experience with repairers.. I got a shiny new american series p-bass and i was so proud of it.. then one day the input totally screwed up, i could have fixed it myself.. but i thought hey its under warranty! why not get someone else to do it! But when i got my bass back there was sign of a large dent in the back of the neck and had been covered up.. NOT HAPPY!! so i took it back and they fixed it all and gave me compensation but still.. next time im doing it myself!! :P I know i was that one in a million where the bass got damaged but.. oh well!!
I guess that they know what they are doing, and that they are careful, but I think that 60 dollars is not a reasonable price at all. You could have bought a new jack for some bucks, and installed it by yourself. As for the intonation, it only needs some time. There are so many online guides out there, that everyone can fix it really easily. Don't let them rob you like this for so easy things.
Dingwall Afterburner I 5 string
Warwick Blue Cab 30 practice amp
Quote by thefitz
But hold on - you're debating on whether or not to buy a bass or keep your house? That's pretty fucking hardcore!