So I got in the DL4 today, and I think she's pretty sweet. However, now that I have another delay, where do I put it in the chain? Here's a list of my pedals:

EHX DMM
MXR phaser
WH1 whammy
535Q Wah
TR2 Tremolo
Boss TU2 Tuner

and now the Line 6 DL4.

I have the Dual Rec set up FX loop. So, before I post this I wanted to say that I have this guy who strongly thinks the Tuner needs to be the first thing in the chain. Where as I think it should be at the end. I dunno, it just sounds good in that order. So which ones go guitar> > >amp, and which ones go in the FX Loop?
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
I'd say the tuner should go first, that way it gets a pure signal so it can get the notes easily, as for where to put your new delay it all depends on what sort of effect you want it to have.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I dont think it matters about the tuner. Put the DL4 in the FX loop. Actually put both in the FX loop. Most ppl only have a wah and a distortion in their actual guitar to amp chain, and the rest go thru the FX loop.
Tuner should be the first pedal. It will make it more accurate.

As for the delay, it's personal preference. The closer it is to the amp, the more pronounced and distinct the effect will be.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
but what if all I have in the FX loop is the DL4? It sounds a little less distinct than the DMM that's in the guitar to amp chain. Kind of sucks so far (DL4).... here's a pic of the pedal board:

I have it guitar>tuner>wah>whammy>phaser>DMM>amp.

and the lone DL4 is in the FX loop. The tone is horrible!
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
I've set up this kind of rig before. I would suggest going in this order...

Guitar into true bypass A/B selector - I'd recommend building a cheap A/B box to completely bypass the Boss tuner. The buffer in the tuner can help in some situations, but I'd rather just have the thing completely out of the chain. Your preference may vary. You can also use the dry output from your whammy and lead that signal into the tuner so you don't have it in the chain.

Chain A into Tuner
Chain B into preamp effects

Preamp effects order

Digitech Whammy - you always want this first in the chain so the pedal can track properly...it's a pitch shifter and harmonizer, so nothing should stand between the guitar and this unit.

Wah - the only logical position for this pedal.

Phaser - most guitarists I deal with prefer their stompbox phasers in front of the preamp and I agree...it tends to add a little more drive to the signal when engaged.

You should then connect to your amps input. All of the remaining effects should go in the effects loop for best tone.

Effects loop order

DMM Delay - this is an analog delay, so this position makes most sense. Use this for shorter delays.

DL4 - this position makes most sense...I'm guessing you'd use this for longer delays or when you need to switch delay presets on the fly.

Tremolo - this only makes sense if you want your delay repeats to be modulated. If not, toss this in front of the DMM if you want the modulated signal to be repeated.

As far as your tone issues go, what are you amp settings, most importantly, the master volume of each channel and the effects mix setting on the back of the amp?
But the DMM sounds like crap when I put it in the FX Loop. That was another situation I am running into. The Mix and send seem to be working, just a little sound/tone drop when I click the DMM or the DL4 when in the FX Loop
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
I strongly recommend putting the DL4 infront of the amp, it will sound far better. As for its chain position im not sure, sorry.

Also, dont put the whammy first. Just dont.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
^But the Whammy isn't the fastest tracking piece of gear in the world to begin with...I think it needs the clear signal, like TwoString said. I mean, really, offer a reason if you're gonna demand something.
Quote by guitarrocka205
But the DMM sounds like crap when I put it in the FX Loop. That was another situation I am running into. The Mix and send seem to be working, just a little sound/tone drop when I click the DMM or the DL4 when in the FX Loop

So you always have the effects loop engaged on the amp? If so, try adjusting the level control on the DMM and the Tweez and Mix controls on the DL4. I just don't believe that the volume loss can't be dialed out. Also, describe the tone loss you're experiencing. Is it volume, high end...what frequencies are you missing?
if the WH1 has the same separate dry output that the WH4 whammy has, I would put the tuner there. that way it's not interfering with the rest of your chain at all, but it will also always be working.
^+1. I use my Bad Monkey's Mixer Out as a tuner out, it's a goood way to keep a ususally noisy pedal out of the chain.
Quote by skudmunk
if the WH1 has the same separate dry output that the WH4 whammy has, I would put the tuner there. that way it's not interfering with the rest of your chain at all, but it will also always be working.

Alright, so then the set up order would be what now? I heard someone saying something about the DL4 being a pre amp effect?
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
I don't know about the rest of the setup, but what I would start with is this

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - dry output > tuner
guitar - whammy -{
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - wet output > wah > distortion > amp

don't know where you want the delays, I've never used an amp with an effects loop so I can't help you there.