i thought you can have like internet access on the wii? i established the connection, but on the main menu its all this retarded news and weather channels and stuff, so what do i do?

and another thing is...i put a dvd in and it didnt play..you cant watch dvds on it? thats retarded.
I dont think it plays DVDs...
go into the settings...one of the small buttons on the corner of the screen.
be sure to set your wireless router up to work with your wii.

if youdont have the internet channel...i think its free in the wii store...
Go to the wii store, buy 500 wii poitns with your credit card, buy the browser.

"Internet" isn't the same as viewing UG. It does different things. The news channel, the weather channel, the shop channel all use the internet to let you look at the information.

You're on the internet, just not using a browser to look at websites. It's like using a messenger service, except you're not messaging and instead you're looking at the news.

(PS DVD Players are only like 30 dollars now).
yea go to the store like gamestop or best buy and get a card for wii points.
500 points = $5
100 points = $1

BTW after you update the system you will be able to plug a USB keyboard in and use that instead of the remote which is too slow IMO...
Quote by fender player92
my moms probably not gonna put her credit card on there is there any other way to do it

you could always buy a wii points card for i believe $20 for 200 points and use those points for getting the internet channel
Quote by moody07747
yea go to the store like gamestop or best buy and get a card for wii points.
500 points = $5
100 points = $1

BTW after you update the system you will be able to plug a USB keyboard in and use that instead of the remote which is too slow IMO...

are those prices real? its that much cheaper in a store.