Question,
if i play something simple on the guitar like C C D G and so on at 4/4
if i want to play along with a bass guitar i could simply play C note 8 times (16) and D 8 times etc..correct?
and use arpagios...and or play within the scale C C D and G right?

i would just have to learn where C is on the bass neck.
am i on the right track?
Quote by hayes
Question,
if i play something simple on the guitar like C C D G and so on at 4/4
if i want to play along with a bass guitar i could simply play C note 8 times (16) and D 8 times etc..correct?
and use arpagios...and or play within the scale C C D and G right?

i would just have to learn where C is on the bass neck.
am i on the right track?

The best thing to do with the bass would be to play whatever acknowledges the chord best. If it's a minor, play root and third, if it's a seventh, play root and seventh, etc.
so far i can play just about anything i hear on the radio...thanks to guitarpro,
i do find at playing with the actual artist is far more dificult, since i saw The Police live and Roger Water i have been playing those 2 a fair bit.
i found that program like tab edit etc, have there place but it makes music a visual thing insted of audio,
anyway back to tone tone semi tone .
i hate to ask but i need a map of the bass guitar neck
Copus i like the root and the 3ed idear thanks.
Last edited by hayes at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by hayes
so far i can play just about anything i hear on the radio...thanks to guitarpro,
i do find at playing with the actual artist is far more dificult, since i saw The Police live and Roger Water i have been playing those 2 a fair bit.
i found that program like tab edit etc, have there place but it makes music a visual thing insted of audio,
anyway back to tone tone semi tone .
i hate to ask but i need a map of the bass guitar neck
Copus i like the root and the 3ed idear thanks.

google it

lol you typed idear (and i think it wasn't a typo)

EDIT: I'll be nice, here you go

its sideways, but a good version nonetheless, remember the right side of the page is the top of the neck
Certainly wouldn't be the most creative bass line ever, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
it would work, if you wanted to make a capitvating bassline you would need to do more, but for your purposes, yes it would work.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.