Well, I just got my JSX in, so I think It's time for a satriani pr0n thread!

Pics!

The JSX is All I ever wanted it to be. The chrome looks amazing. I was able to dial in a sweet Metal tone immediately. I wasn't able to really crank it but I got the master to about 5 and I was blown off my feet. This baby is a tone monster!

I haven't done much clean stuff lately so no clean channel demo yet. But I should have a metal channel demo up in a bit. It's not super great, but it's the best I can do for now.
I would highly reccomend one to everyone!

As for the JS1000, it is an amazing guitar. Feels like a fender mixed with an Ibanez neckwise. Has a more curved feel. Seems like a more stout and round neck. The black pearl finish is great. Great guitar. Definately reccomend trying before you buy if you like the wizard necks. If you like a vintage neck, you'll love the JS1000.

Cabinet and new pedalboard is next!
Last edited by gunther_sucks at Jan 13, 2008,
just curious, what brand is your cab? im kind of a newbie when it comes to heads/cabs so im looking into buying a 2x12 and yours looks killer ^^
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Quote by gunther_sucks
I think It's time for a satriani pr0n thread!

Please for the love of jesus don't say that again...

Ben
Quote by racerXazn
just curious, what brand is your cab? im kind of a newbie when it comes to heads/cabs so im looking into buying a 2x12 and yours looks killer ^^

He has a Genz Benz G-flex 2x12 of some sort if I'm not much mistaken. Looks like a bass cab but probably isn't...I've not heard much about Genz Benz other than my bassist mate used to have a GB combo of some sort that was rather expensive.
Last edited by last_biscuit at Nov 5, 2007,
love the duck
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
dude thats some tight ass tone u got there, i wish all the bands i record had that kinda tone, i could really work with that lol. i wish i could get a jsx but im set on getting a 6505 combo.
my shit>>>>www.myspace.com/buenostudios

BlackHeart BH5-112
Peavey Rage 158
ESP LTD M-200FM
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD EX-260
Dunlop Crybaby F Wah
Aria Phase Shifter
nice demo. YYZ lol nice.

btw, do you think the JSX is good for the other metal genres? (such as Power, progressive, and heavy).

I'm thinking of getting a used XXX for around 500-700$ (head, i'd get a 2x12..lookin at a framus one rite now)
Give me some examples of some bands and I can record a clip for you. This amp is really versatile.

I'll be working on getting higher quality clips up sometime. I am a noob at micing anmps.
Quote by gunther_sucks
Give me some examples of some bands and I can record a clip for you. This amp is really versatile.

I'll be working on getting higher quality clips up sometime. I am a noob at micing anmps.

k sweet, here are a few:

Paul Gilbert/Racer X
Sonata Arctica
DethKlok

yeh the power metal band im joining is kind of a mix of all 3...power, melo-death, and very strong guitars.
WIsh I could join a powermetal band, everyone in australia is into bloody death metal. Which is great, but bad at the same time. BTW man ive wanted a JSX for ages now, looks sweet,
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Quote by Metal_Injection
WIsh I could join a powermetal band, everyone in australia is into bloody death metal. Which is great, but bad at the same time. BTW man ive wanted a JSX for ages now, looks sweet,

yup power metal is awsome.

all u need is a bassist who can play one note really fast, and a drummer with fast feet (preferably mexican...u know all those stereotypes of them being fast haha).
oh yeh..and harmonize everything. more guitar equals more epic xD
Quote by keno190
^^ just love the stereotyping...

Short clip of thunderhorse is up. Better tone and better recording, just kinda sloppy.

I don't think I'll be able to post any Racer X stuff, I'm not that good. :P
Quote by gunther_sucks
Short clip of thunderhorse is up. Better tone and better recording, just kinda sloppy.

I don't think I'll be able to post any Racer X stuff, I'm not that good. :P

hah thats awsome. im going to check it out right now. i found a Peavey 5150 212 combo for 600$..i think im going to get that ... any objections?
Had a 5150, wasn't my cup of tea. NOt very versatile and it was uber muddy. And it was pretty flabby. The JSX is much tighter.

Then again, I'm not really into teh br00talz.,
Quote by gunther_sucks
Had a 5150, wasn't my cup of tea. NOt very versatile and it was uber muddy. And it was pretty flabby. The JSX is much tighter.

Then again, I'm not really into teh br00talz.,

sounds good though. i like the amp, but i think i'll check out the 5150. no one is selling a jsx in the same area as me so..
Quote by racerXazn
sounds good though. i like the amp, but i think i'll check out the 5150. no one is selling a jsx in the same area as me so..

I got my JSX off of ebay for 720 shipped to alaska.

Ebay is a Beautiful thing!
Quote by gunther_sucks
I got my JSX off of ebay for 720 shipped to alaska.

Ebay is a Beautiful thing!

waaahhhh alaska wow. colder then canada -_-

well my parents dont trust paypal so internet is out of the question
Quote by which ones pink
^Your parents are idiots, Paypal is virtually as safe as if you walked up to the person and handed them cash.

Awesome stuff by the way man, Alaskan shredheads ftw

they arent idiots...they just are uncomfortable..my dad grew up in the country because his family had no money so he dosnt like to spend. my mom wasnt rich either, coming to canada from korea isnt exactly easy. now that you know why they dont want to lose any of their money, i guess you could give them a little more respect.
Quote by racerXazn
they arent idiots...they just are uncomfortable..my dad grew up in the country because his family had no money so he dosnt like to spend. my mom wasnt rich either, coming to canada from korea isnt exactly easy. now that you know why they dont want to lose any of their money, i guess you could give them a little more respect.

Yeah, sorry about that, I sounded like a dick there.

Still though, even in the one in a million chance that you somehow lost money through PayPal, you'd probably get a refund.
Quote by which ones pink
Yeah, sorry about that, I sounded like a dick there.

Still though, even in the one in a million chance that you somehow lost money through PayPal, you'd probably get a refund.

Its ok, i would have said the same thing to them, but i'd get beaten loll azn parents. heck, we should be the ones on paypal scamming the people selling mwa ha ha.