Alright, I'm in the market for a new axe, and after going through hours of searching of specs' on LTD's, jacksons, Deans, & B.C. Rich's; I have decided on the jackson kelly.

I can pick one up for a reasonable price at a local Tom lee music....I'm just looking for some opinions on this, other suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance, DiMeTiMe
Last edited by DiMeTiMe at Nov 5, 2007,
They are very well built guitars. I'm assuming you're looking at a new one right, with Seymour Duncans and the better trem? They are pretty nice. The only issues are the balance and upper fret access, but I find both manageable. Btw, don't say prices and the music store... you don't want the store to be hit with an MAP violation.
Quote by CJRocker
They are very well built guitars. I'm assuming you're looking at a new one right, with Seymour Duncans and the better trem? They are pretty nice. The only issues are the balance and upper fret access, but I find both manageable. Btw, don't say prices and the music store... you don't want the store to be hit with an MAP violation.

Ok, thx for the advice. And yeah, new, the one w/ the seymour duncans & floyd rose tremolo. And I have tried the kelly - it's not to bad, also I had no problem reaching the upper frets.

Jackson KE-3 are pretty good stuff . made in japan guitars . the only problem different from the KE-2 is that it's a bolt on , while the KE-2 is a neck-thru . if it doesnt bother you get it!
Quote by BirdHouse
Jackson KE-3 are pretty good stuff . made in japan guitars . the only problem different from the KE-2 is that it's a bolt on , while the KE-2 is a neck-thru . if it doesnt bother you get it!

All right! Thx, the sustain/neck stuff doesn't really bother me, and now I'm positive this IS the guitar I want.......christmas should bring in some extra $$ - hey I'm not rich! I should have it by, .....I guess early January. (I could also work some extra days)

Now To Wait!
it has Seymour Duncan's JB so u dont really need to worry abt how hot the pickups are. JB's are pretty hot and distorted already. It's not some duncan copy or something.
Quote by BirdHouse
it has Seymour Duncan's JB so u dont really need to worry abt how hot the pickups are. JB's are pretty hot and distorted already. It's not some duncan copy or something.

ok, ok, it's settled then - I shall be a jackson axe slayer:p.
I was just wondering...which Tom Lee's are you going to? The ones in Canada or Hong Kong? Cause I got my Crimson Swirl KE3, which is quite stunning, at a Hong Kong Tom Lee's for 500 bucks! tahts right, and it was brand new, with the real duncans. Hope you can get a good deal like that
^ lol. this is unrelated, but hongkong's tom lee HATES me i went in and i tried all their stuff for so long and i walked out without buying anything haha
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by steel337
I was just wondering...which Tom Lee's are you going to? The ones in Canada or Hong Kong? Cause I got my Crimson Swirl KE3, which is quite stunning, at a Hong Kong Tom Lee's for 500 bucks! tahts right, and it was brand new, with the real duncans. Hope you can get a good deal like that

I guess a canadian one then, do you actually have to go to hong kong? Or do you just buy online?
Just a few quick questions here, what gauge/brand strings would guys recommend that will last, stay in tune, and be able to withstand everything from standard to drop c tune?

I'm currently using Ernie Ball Regular Slinky's (.46 - .10). Their doing an ok job right now (on my cheap 'Academy Electric Guitar'). I'm just wondering if their would be a better remedy.

Last question, suggestions for wah and distortion pedals? I know about Boss, and Digitech, etc., but any info would be great.

Thanks, sorry for the blur of "what the hell did he just say".
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Just a few quick questions here, what gauge/brand strings would guys recommend that will last, stay in tune, and be able to withstand everything from standard to drop c tune?

I'm currently using Ernie Ball Regular Slinky's (.46 - .10). Their doing an ok job right now (on my cheap 'Academy Electric Guitar'). I'm just wondering if their would be a better remedy.

Last question, suggestions for wah and distortion pedals? I know about Boss, and Digitech, etc., but any info would be great.

Thanks, sorry for the blur of "what the hell did he just say".

Well, I would advise (DR) 9s on that Kelly, as they seem to work pretty well with Jackson trems. As for effects, what amp do you have?
Quote by CJRocker
Well, I would advise (DR) 9s on that Kelly, as they seem to work pretty well with Jackson trems. As for effects, what amp do you have?

I have a cheap (came w/ my guitar, getting a marshall, or a spider III?) 15 watt Academy amp, I bundle it with a Digitech RP-50 effects processor....yeah, that's all..
Quote by DiMeTiMe
I have a cheap (came w/ my guitar, getting a marshall, or a spider III?) 15 watt Academy amp, I bundle it with a Digitech RP-50 effects processor....yeah, that's all..

If you want all sorts of effects and amp models, just get a nice Spider III. Perfect practice amps, and they already have all the effects and amp models, so you don't need a tone of pedals. I would look used though, as new I think they are a bit over priced.
after playing a KE3 you will not accept any other guitar ...well at least i did
absolutely recomend getin one they are immense so nice with all sound you want from simply 1 volume switch and a pickup select without having like 4 controls that you don't need like an overpriced Gibson.

what colours are you looking at i got the eerie dess swirl paint job and is so beautiful don't be fooled by pics on the internet its more purply than it is blue
Its the early bird that gets the worm
But the second mouse that gets the cheese

Hey Jihad Joe I'm Comin for Ya!
Quote by TheWeemaster
after playing a KE3 you will not accept any other guitar ...well at least i did
absolutely recomend getin one they are immense so nice with all sound you want from simply 1 volume switch and a pickup select without having like 4 controls that you don't need like an overpriced Gibson.

what colours are you looking at i got the eerie dess swirl paint job and is so beautiful don't be fooled by pics on the internet its more purply than it is blue

I was just looking at the transparent red one, does the eerie dess paint cost more? Alot more? I would like to get that, if I could get it from tom lees for the same price....

I did manage to go to tom lees on saturday and tried a parker p-44 guitar - ****in' amazing! The neck was so slim and it had active pickups, pre-amp controls, although there was no inlays.....it did have fret markers on the side of the neck.

However, I am still going to go for the KE3 Kelly, I'll try it out and go from there.
Problem being I'm still saving up - right now I only have about $200 - far from the $500 or so.

Thanks for all positive feedback!
I own 2 Jackson Kellys and love 'em both they are very comfortable in all situations and are built like horses. I would play either one without a backup (one with a fixed bridge the other one with a floyd).
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
get a cheap 5w tube amp. just as loud as a 15-30 watt solid state. and get a distortion pedal.

dont get a spider or mg unless u dont gig.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
get a cheap 5w tube amp. just as loud as a 15-30 watt solid state. and get a distortion pedal.

dont get a spider or mg unless u dont gig.

Well...actually, I think will be fine for now.................

Even though the distortion I get from my amp on: 9h, 4m, 8l, + custom #12 on my RP-50 blows roofs off , I would like more versatality and "crunch".

I'm going for a landmine distortion pedal .

maybe.....
Quote by Fender Usa
get a digitech death metal pedal theyre only like $70

Sounds good, I see you have one on your sig.........Although the need for a distortion pedal is non-apparent right now...for now...

But anyways, I do need a wah pedal, is the Dunlop Crybaby ok? But seriously though, please suggest what is, in ur opinion, the wah pedal to buy. (anyone suggest)

Preferably under $100 , so Thank you!!!!
Just because it's got Dime's name on it doesn't mean it's the perfect pedal for you. What it does mean is that it's overpriced and they're trying to milk fanboys
Quote by Kanthras
Just because it's got Dime's name on it doesn't mean it's the perfect pedal for you. What it does mean is that it's overpriced and they're trying to milk fanboys

I know.....maybe I should just just get the standard one .