Ok this is going to sound weird ass hell.... at least to me it does.
My guitar is pretty good on the neck... it's pretty straight with alil bit of relief. Works fine for me, but today I picked up my guitar and heard something metal jingle inside of it...
So I started with the electronics cavities... nothing moving in there. So I opened up my truss rod cover... and out falls part of the truss rod. It's like the top part of it were the wrench goes. There is no threads on this piece, but now i'm worried that this little problem is going to mess with the guitar. O.o I've never adjusted the truss rod. So i'm at a loss for understanding.... anyone feel like they have a reasoning on this? and/ or feel that they can advise me on what to do. It's not a high priced guitar... but still has sentimental value as my first guitar.

P.S. I know my amp is not effecting this ^_^ before someone says that.
Now everyone is going to say it's your amp because you posted that.
It shouldn't mess with your truss rod, but hope you never have to adjust it.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
it is probably just the nut on the top of the truss rod that you use to tighten or loosen it. Just slip it back on.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
buzzcut: Yeah, one might think so, but he said it had no threads, so I'm a little curious... To the TS: Maybe you should snatch some pictures from various angles.

But really, it must be the amp. Sometimes if it's not properly grounded, bits and pieces will come loose on the guitar.

Edit: Alright, so now I see- it does have threads. So you should be able to just put it back on... What I'm a little baffled by is that a fully loosened truss rod seems to work fine for your neck...
^_^ already posted the picks... yah a un properly grounded amp = carnage... we all know this... the body falls off the neck... and the strings slap you in the face. ^_^
Quote by Pikka Bird

Edit: Alright, so now I see- it does have threads. So you should be able to just put it back on... What I'm a little baffled by is that a fully loosened truss rod seems to work fine for your neck...

Join the club.... i'm confused beyond all my confusion lol. I've been playing on this guitar for years with no problem.... 2 years to be exact lol.