Hey all, I just purchased the Boss RC-2 Loop Pedal and I realized that my crappy multi FX pedal wouldn't work with it. If I wanted one phase to be effected, than everything would. I'm thinking about purchasing the Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, and I was wondering if this be compatible with the RC-2. Thanks.
have u tried putting the effects pedal before the looper in your chain...
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
honestly, these are the first effects i've purchased. should I put the guitar to the loop to the FX to the amp? or the opposite? guitar to FX to looper to amp?
Quote by HomerG
honestly, these are the first effects i've purchased. should I put the guitar to the loop to the FX to the amp? or the opposite? guitar to FX to looper to amp?

meh im just thinking logically , i own only 1 crappy FX pedal myself.

ok so put the Guitar > FX > Looper > Amp cuz i guess if u use the FX after it will effect the sound coming from the looper, so if u put it before it will only effect the one track (the looper will loop the efffected tracks, but if it was before the FX it would loop a clean sound and the FX would effect every track).
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Sorry for bringing this sorta old thread back, but I am using a Line 6 Spider 3, 30 watt amp, you know the one with all those inbuilt effects. Its a nice little practice amp that I use at home.

I was wondering though, is there a way to work your way around the effects while using the Boss RC-2 loop station? I mean, when I set it to clean, then play a progression, then loop it with the pedal, I want to be able to set it to distortion to solo over it but the progression that was clean, turned into Distortion as well.
With any looper you need to put the FX before the looper or when you change the FX....the loops will play changed.

With the spider I can't see it working with any type of looper pedal simply because the FX are always after the looper...

This is why I prefer pedals compared to an FX amp. I'm running a Yamaha Magicstomp and Digitech EX7 and used them both with the RC2 looper a few months back.. It worked great.
I never run a guitar amp, I'm recording direct to the board.