i've searched all over craigslist and local music stores and have had no luck finding any amp that would suit me in my price range. so it looks like i have to buy new. i have about $750 to spend MAX on the head, and am looking for a good one to match with a 2x12 avatar cab with vintage 30's. I play in a hardcore, death metal, metalcore band that is starting to gig on a frequent basis. i would be willing to buy a good OD pedal if that is what would work best to get a good chunk and good leads/solo's.

PLEASE, don't suggest a used 5150 or 6505, i've looked all over and there's no way i'm buying used off ebay without even testing it.
MESA BOOGIE TRIPLE RECTIFIER R METALZZ.

@$750? God, I wish.

@@Musicians Friend - Peavey Valveking 100 head. $529.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
MESA BOOGIE TRIPLE RECTIFIER R METALZZ.

@$750? God, I wish.

@@Musicians Friend - Peavey Valveking 100 head. $529.

with what pedal? i know it doesnt get great high gain sounds by itself
Quote by denied
would you be open to combo's?

probably not, not because i one of those people that just NEEDS a halfstack but more so because i'm stuck on vintage 30's and know extacly how im going to get them, just not sure about heads in my price range
Quote by kornliaslumpica
i've searched all over craigslist and local music stores and have had no luck finding any amp that would suit me in my price range. so it looks like i have to buy new. i have about $750 to spend MAX on the head, and am looking for a good one to match with a 2x12 avatar cab with vintage 30's. I play in a hardcore, death metal, metalcore band that is starting to gig on a frequent basis. i would be willing to buy a good OD pedal if that is what would work best to get a good chunk and good leads/solo's.

PLEASE, don't suggest a used 5150 or 6505, i've looked all over and there's no way i'm buying used off ebay without even testing it.

Í bought an SLO 100 & Mojave Scorpion on ebay w/ no problems at all. It's really a great way to go. I saved $1000 US on the SLO & $800 on the Scorpion. Both were in absolutely brand new perfect condition.
I look for legitimate music stores that sell on ebay. They have 1000's of positive feedbacks, & won't risk their reputations selling you a piece of sh!t. I live in Calif, & got my SLO from a music store in Phoenix, AZ, & the Mojave from another store in Atlanta, GA. Both were expertly packed & worked perfectly.
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss ebay to save a crapload of cash.
Good luck!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011