i was just thinking of how cool it would be to have a nice guitar to play on my tube amp that will soon be up and running with new tubes! and then i realized something.....next year at college i rly dont want my tube amp with me cause its like 50 years old...literally...and i love my spider...yes i actually rly like the thing...but thats besides the point, but that thing ways like 75 pounds and its a fregin 150watt...

im left with my 15watt starter amp, its a Peavey rage 158.............i probly need to look for a new amp, what is a good amp below 400$ that would be good for a college dorm situation? i kinda like the idea of a modeling amp but yea
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Get a Line 6 Toneport or something similar and use your computer.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
They are decent enough. Nothing close to a sexy tube amp, but versatile. I use my UX2 mostly as a mic preamp nowadays.

The GX is small and inexpensive.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Maybe go with a microcube?
Or try one of the crate v series.. like the v16 but that could be alittle loud for dorm, its under your budget though.
reach in the darkness for what you can find travel great distance in your mind.
Quote by bored_maniac33
i was just thinking of how cool it would be to have a nice guitar to play on my tube amp that will soon be up and running with new tubes! and then i realized something.....next year at college i rly dont want my tube amp with me cause its like 50 years old...literally...and i love my spider...yes i actually rly like the thing...but thats besides the point, but that thing ways like 75 pounds and its a fregin 150watt...

im left with my 15watt starter amp, its a Peavey rage 158.............i probly need to look for a new amp, what is a good amp below 400$ that would be good for a college dorm situation? i kinda like the idea of a modeling amp but yea

maybe something like a fender G-dec or one of those microcubes.
I'd get a valvetronix... and they also have headphone sockets.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

if you really love your spider that much...maybe sell it and get a smaller one for practice?
get a pocket pod and some speakers. situation solved and its seriously portable
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
zvex nano head, 1/2 tube head, the size of an effects pedal.
Member #4 of The Fulltone Users League
Member #68 of the EHX Users Guild

You Would