I think I blew my amp, how can you tell?

It's a 50 Watt Peavey Valveking, A/AB Power Tube Amp

I was pumpin' real high gain through my processor, DigiTech RP200A, then it kinda faded out for a sec, then the power went out.

The back, around the power tubes was pretty hot, but it usually is.

Oh, and for the past few months, when I have it on the Overdrive side, it crackles REALLY bad.

Like, only way it never crackled was if the gain was down to like....10 AM, which is WAAAY too low for me.

Any ideas on what to look for?
I wouldn't know but you might've blown your tube(s). I dont know thats what im guessing. Maybe you need a new speaker. (i would get a Celestion if thats the case.)
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Damn man....that would really suck, cuz I'm currently in line for a job....yea....loserish.

GOD, every damn time I find a sound I actually like...I blow somethin' up, I think I need a more powerful amp, mine can never hold the gain I need to get my sound.
I could be wrong though. take your amp (with chords) to you local guitar shop and have them inspect It. They might know.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Dude, last time I took my **** to a gutiar shop, they had it for 2 weeks and didn't even touch it.

My bets bet would probly be to take it to my school electronic teacher, he could at least check the circuit board.
I wouldn't know but you might've blown your tube(s). I dont know thats what im guessing. Maybe you need a new speaker. (i would get a Celestion if thats the case.)

hahahahhahaHAhaHA

it might just be the VK. I've seen a few threads on VK's problems..do a quick serch and i know you'l find some threads.
Wow. you have a s***** guitar shop. Well that could work. Well if your thinking about buying a new amp i could probably help. Just tell me how much your willing to spend.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
All depends on the amp really

I'm lookin' for a 100 Watt Marshall Super Lead Head

Gonna try and get a legendary setup, that head with some 4X12 Marshall Cabs loaded with Altec 417-8H speakers.

Gonna cost me a pretty penny, but hey, good tone costs good money, right?
That is so true. I want a Mesa/Boogie Triple rectifier 4X12 cab w/ head. That would cost me my whole life. I'm only 13 lol. more than $3,000. heh heh.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Haha

I'm 17, and no job.

Dude, the head I'm trien' to get alone costs me like $1,500, that's if you can FIND it. Rare 60's head I believe.

The speakers are rare too.

I think I figured out what happened to my current amp, blew my power tubes.

Gotta find some 6L6GCs.....hope they ain't too expensive.
****!

$30 for 2 tubes......and I gotta replace my distortion tubes too....GREAT!!!
Hey, just a quick recommendation about your dream amp, GO CLONE! Vintage amp prices will rape you, but you can find pretty good clones that when A/B'ed with the original amp, the vast majority of ears can barely tell a difference. Ceriatone and Metro amps would be two good options. As for those speakers, get the specs, send em to Ted Weber, they will build you custom speakers exactly to your liking. Buy a couple of unloaded cabs, and some Marshall nameplates, and you are good to go!
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by metallirob
****!

$30 for 2 tubes......and I gotta replace my distortion tubes too....GREAT!!!

Distortion tubes? I'm guessing you mean preamp? Why would you need to replace those if your power tubes blew? Preamps last about twice as long... Though it probably would sound better with new tubes in all stages.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MetallicGod07
Wow. you have a s***** guitar shop. Well that could work. Well if your thinking about buying a new amp i could probably help. Just tell me how much your willing to spend.

HHAHAHAHAHAH I WOULDNT LISTEN TO THIS GUY. somethings wrong with threadstarter's amp, for ****'s sake, and this guy comes in out of nowhere suddenly asking if he wants a new one. ya think money grows on trees?
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by musicfreak003
HHAHAHAHAHAH I WOULDNT LISTEN TO THIS GUY. somethings wrong with threadstarter's amp, for ****'s sake, and this guy comes in out of nowhere suddenly asking if he wants a new one. ya think money grows on trees?
I dont see you suggesting anything.....
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06