Today i decided to fix my guitar which has been sitting around for a good while. After putting new strings on, i decided to tune, but to to tune i have to plug in, and there was no sound. Thinking its a patchcord or something, i plug in my other guitar and it works fine. So i try changing the battery in my non working one, and still nothing. I checked the electronics for a broken lead or something and no luck.
Help?

Note: the battery i took out was on the verge of exploding(bottom bulging out)
Last edited by brandon-berti at Nov 5, 2007,
make sure the volume knob on your guitar is all the way up. this has happened to me and then i realized it was all the way down hahaha
you might have alittle bit of rubarb in there, mabee want to clean out rubarb.
thats my sugestion.
Check your input. Sometimes my unscrewed some and it ****ed up because the cord coul;dn't get the electrical feed. Check and make sure it's tight.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Make sure the quick connect things are tight.

EDIT: Also make sure your battery didn't leak. The bulging though is not uncommon; you see it in car batteries a lot actually.
Yes, from what i can tell all the wiring is clean and connected, i was thinking that somehow, my battery surged or something, maybe killing a pickup or switch/pot? can this happen?
are the quick connects on upside down?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
After some more tinkering, i found that it works, but sounds horrible if its plugged in about 1/2 to 3/4 in
maybe a new input jack?
Unscrew out the EMG's, make sure the wire is plugged into the back of the EMG correctly. I think its a 3 tong wire.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Have you checked the TCP/IP settings? Enabled cookies?
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by lespaulrocks39
Have you checked the TCP/IP settings? Enabled cookies?

Yes ollie.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
just rub icyhot on it..........

No seriously if you have a voltage checker make sure you didn't short anything out.

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
Quote by brandon-berti
After some more tinkering, i found that it works, but sounds horrible if its plugged in about 1/2 to 3/4 in
maybe a new input jack?

This is generally indicative of the EMGs being wired backwards at the pickup.
Pop 'em out and see.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
The same thing happened to me when I first wired mine. It was on an Ibanex DTX, so they were in pretty tight. The battery was touching some other wires, so I put some foam around the battery. Try doing that or using something else that doesn't conduct electricity.
NEW!!! Peavey 6505 (XXX Cab too )
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez Destroyer with EMG-81 and 85
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 112
Roland Cube 20X
Make sure that the wires connecting the battery to the rest of the circuit is on properly.
Quote by Oligarchy
You can kill my mom, but KEEP YOU HANDS OFF MY DOG, BITCH!

Quote by *Juno*
You Sir, just achieved to date, the biggest pwnage i have seen in my life

you> me
there is no way that you pickup died,that is very ****in rear if not impossible.You must have checked something wrong when you were checking the wires.

Bring it to a tech...