I want to learn how to scream like they do in in bands like Atreyu, others like that. How do I do it without messing up my vocal cords? I know you have to scream from your gut and not you throat. Any other helpful hints or tips? How do you do it?
i am so surprised the first post was a serious response. and yeah, read up on it first....ive heard that if u try screaming, and do it wrong, you could reallllly mess up your vocal chords early on. i dunno if thats true, just somethin i heard.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
take it to the musiciantalk - advanced techniques, or the emo/pop punk forums please. the only help your gonna get in the pit is going to be along the lines of "screaming isnt singing dumb****" or "lulz screamos for teh emos lawlz"
ehh
Last edited by skaguitarist53 at Nov 5, 2007,
I've tried that. I was given a lot of vocal warm ups, and was told over and over that by screaming wrong, you can really mess up your vocals chords. Is there anything else to know, or any advice on how to scream from your "gut"
buy the "zen of screaming" DVD. it will show you how to scream without hurting your throat at all.
Quote by Thrax129
Wher can I find that DVD (without looking online)

i'm not sure you can get it anywhere else, maybe hot topic.
Quote by Thrax129
Wher can I find that DVD (without looking online)

Try somewhere that sells dvd's?
Quote by Thrax129
Ok, thats probabily the best way to learn

yep, it's made by this vocal teacher that all the pros take lessons from i.e. trevor phipps from unearth, angela gossow from arch enemy, etc.
Quote by schecter_guy
buy the "zen of screaming" DVD. it will show you how to scream without hurting your throat at all.

DO NOT BUY THIS
Biggest rip-off, ever.
It's about two hours of Melissa Cross talking about how to breathe correctly, and her students worshiping her. THERE IS NO DEMONSTRATION OR TUTORIAL ABOUT HOW TO SCREAM ON THIS DVD.
the dvd is more for "how to scream correctly once you know what your doing" and not "how to scream from scratch"
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]