Whenever I ask or talk about P-basses with someone there like its cuts through the mix well. What? I mean I guess it can but why not a Jazz bass? I see a lot of people who use P-basses and I usually ask them why and they either say what previously was said or they don't know.

What is your opinion?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
I feel that any bass can cut through the mix if you EQ it right.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

mine cuts through pretty well, but like the other guy said, it's all about EQ.

But yeah, P-basses are generally more punchy and bassy while J-basses have more treble, midrange, and grindy-ness. But I can make either one do any job I want. It's just a matter of personal taste. I honestly love both. My American P is a fantastic instrument, as are my two Mexican J's.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
yes, they cut through quite well
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
At my last gig, the guy before us was playing a P-Bass, and it filled the whole bloody room. His tone was incredible. It was almost half as good as mine.

And mountaindew88, I take it my EQ ideas worked?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
At my last gig, the guy before us was playing a P-Bass, and it filled the whole bloody room. His tone was incredible. It was almost half as good as mine.

i'm sorry come again (not being negative i just don't get the last part)
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by mountaindew88
mine cuts through pretty well, but like the other guy said, it's all about EQ.

But yeah, P-basses are generally more punchy and bassy while J-basses have more treble, midrange, and grindy-ness. But I can make either one do any job I want. It's just a matter of personal taste. I honestly love both. My American P is a fantastic instrument, as are my two Mexican J's.

So I know you have both a Jazz and a P bass. Which do you prefer?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by thefitz

Feeling humble today eh?

And yes Ps do cut through the mix. Though if your EQ is crap then no bass will cut through.
Quote by Drmckool
i'm sorry come again (not being negative i just don't get the last part)

I was referring to his sig and to a earlier thread.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz

Half? You're losing your touch

If you EQ the bass right, a P-Bass can cut through easily. Fitzy did a big thing on EQing, very good to read. I'll be damned if I can remember which thread it was in though...

Narcotics I believe...
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
^I made a blog about it too, but yeah, I did a few big-ass posts on EQing as well.
Quote by Cody_Grey102