I usually play by myself or learned with a teacher and havent had jamming occasions...
So what do we guitarist usually do while playing with a drummer? or other guitarists?
Keep in time and play your parts right. That's all there is to it. And I guess don't be a jerk to your jam partners.
You may want to have a loud metronome audible to all so all band members are playing at the same rate. Even if they resist, it's to the ultimate benefit of the band if everyone has rhythm.
I usually like to run around the room like maniac screaming as I strum then stick my guitar in the drummers face while playing a solo to show off. everyone loves it
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
lol I hope people know I'm joking. just keep in time. the less flashy everyone tries to be the better it turns out, because you're not constantly missing the beat and getting out of time
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Quote by PuttYoh
what if its with just one drummer?

Since most bands only have one drummer, play like you normally would.

Just play your parts in time. Don't try to solo just yet, as it sounds like you don't really know what to do (not meant as an insult)
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Your teacher should have had you play to a metronome. BUT you'll get it easy, playing with a drummer is way easier once you do it. They keep you in time and often queue you in on changes. Theres some songs I can't play without a drummer.
Oh yeah..

those...

>.>
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I have an old BOSS drum machine I plug into a practice amp and play along with that most of the time. It has a buch of preprogramed settings and you can program your own.
I was at Daddy's the other day and this guy was playing along with some digital machine that really sounded good. I got tied up with something else and totally forgot to ask what it was.

John
I mean... play with the drummer "only", no other guitars or bass

Also... if its more than just the drummer, how do i know which chords i should play, they say out the key or something?

fyi, i can play guitar pretty decently... i just play with myself. I know chords, i can solo, i can play decently hard songs, i can sweep... you get the idea... im not godly, but ive never been in a band or anything
Quote by PuttYoh
I mean... play with the drummer "only", no other guitars or bass

Also... if its more than just the drummer, how do i know which chords i should play, they say out the key or something?

fyi, i can play guitar pretty decently... i just play with myself. I know chords, i can solo, i can play decently hard songs, i can sweep... you get the idea... im not godly, but ive never been in a band or anything

with a drummer just jam along, take it turns to lead the song ect. but make it obviouse when your about to change to a different riff/ chord excerise and i dont mean go or like slide or hold onto the note if the drummers experienced though hell know whats going on.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
I normally tap my foot to keep the beat
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by maca-venagas
^^ dont just tap your feet, move ur whole body to the rythm.

u need to circle bang
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
i jam with just a drummer a lot.

it's really fun cuz you dont' have to worry about other people keeping up when you switch up your chord progression.

i just giver and make stuff up, do lots of key changes, whatever i want, as long as i dont' change tempo suddenly or time signature suddenly, anything goes. it's the best way to write and such cuz you can feed off eachother without stopping to show someone else what you are playing. just have fun and jam!