my low E string buzzes when I play it anywhere between the first and 7-8 fret and my strings buzz whenever i play any chord. Is this something Im doing wrong or do I just need new strings? These strings have been on here for about 4 years sitting in my sisters closet and ever since Ive been using it. How do I fix this or is it just the guitar? (its a really cheap guitar, around $100)
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Fret buzz is usually from the wire rattling against the next fret. Raising the action is your best bet to fix it, but sometimes, especially on cheaper guitars it's just inevitable. Also if you're hearing buzz while playing chords but not necessarily from fretting a single note it may be because you're not applying enough pressure close enough to the fret wire.
2002 Muddy Waters Fender Telecaser (MIM) (w/ Bill Lawrence pickups & black matte pickguard)
2006 Ibanez sz520qm (w/ Grover tuners)
Epiphone DR-100

Traynor YCV50-Blue
Toneport GX / Ampltube 2
"These strings have been on here for about 4 years sitting in my sisters closet. . . "

Change strings.

Maybe it is your action (height of string), maybe the neck is a little warped (truss rod). But if its a cheap guitar, then raising the action may be the best bet. Change strings, and raise action and see it it helps.
how do i go about raising the action?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
That depends on the type bridge it has. With a Fender floating tremolo type bridge, you raise each of the bridge saddles (the small meta; pieces the strings sit on at the bridge) and try to keep the same radius as the neck. With a Tune O Matic used on Gibson Las Pauls and a lot of other guitars, it should have a thumbwheel on each bridge post. Loosen the strings some, raise these thumbwheels a turn or to, retune and try it. Reset intonation after making any changes.

First, get some new strings on the thing. If you're unsure how to set the action and intonation, take it to a guitar shop, should be around $20-30 for a decent setup. Stay and watch if possible, so you know how to do it next time you need to.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...