Recently i've been interested in purchasing a Mesa Boogie Mark III head, and because of this i've been browsing Harmony-Central to check out reliability issues and such. And I noticed one thing: There's the standard Mark III head, and the Mark III Simul-Class head.

My question: what's the difference between the two? What IS simul-class?

Because i know there are a bunch of Mesa users on this forum, i figured i'd take the question here.

If a topic like this has been asked before, i'm sorry, but in my time here i can't recall seeing one, and because of that i have neglected to use the search bar, so don't flame me.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
RG_FANMAN
Simulclass allows you to use 6L6's and EL34's at the same time. As well as being able to switch from class a/b to low wattage class A
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
really??? that's insane! I know a lot of guitarists use two amp heads loaded with different tubes (like one with EL34s, the other with 6L6s), so essentially the simul-class gives you the same effect, but with one head, right? sick. BTW, would it be possible to run them just on one kind of tube (like EL34, etc.)?
Yes, they can run on one type of tube. I also believe the road king allows you to use one type of tube per channel. Like, 6L6's for cleans, and EL34's for the drive channel.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

that's a pretty good explanation (and a damn good article on tube amps too, even though it seems to be about class mainly). Thanks.
Quote by Reincaster
Yes, they can run on one type of tube. I also believe the road king allows you to use one type of tube per channel. Like, 6L6's for cleans, and EL34's for the drive channel.

You can assign not only specific tubes per channel, but run both at the same time if you desire.

2 6L6, 2 EL34, 2 6L6 + 2 EL34, 4 6L6, 2 EL34 + 4 6L6

If only the roadkings had the graphic EQ of the Mark Series...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
psh, if they did, they'd charge close to 3grand i bet...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
psh, if they did, they'd charge close to 3grand i bet...

It would be worth it!

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio

it'd be worth a try for sure... might as well get a mark and a roadking and run them in stereo
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by MESAexplorer
You can assign not only specific tubes per channel, but run both at the same time if you desire.

2 6L6, 2 EL34, 2 6L6 + 2 EL34, 4 6L6, 2 EL34 + 4 6L6

If only the roadkings had the graphic EQ of the Mark Series...

I said that you could use both types at the same time in my first post of the thread.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
I said that you could use both types at the same time in my first post of the thread.

True, but I went into more depth. No big deal. I still <3 you, heterosexually of course.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio