general rule of thumb = 4 times guitar wattage, (if its SS, not tube) so around a 450 would probably let you keep up without cranking the volume and destroying your tone
i think about another 100-150 watts would be better. but i think you might be able to do it with this.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Quote by Zar938
general rule of thumb = 4 times guitar wattage, (if its SS, not tube) so around a 450 would probably let you keep up without cranking the volume and destroying your tone

Well, right now they're using about half of their amps power though...sorry, i guess i forgot to include that :P
if its 100 watts and over, has a 15 inch speaker and isnt behringer, you should be able to hear yourself in a band situation
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
I use a 60 watt at practice(although i am saving up for a 1200 watt) and we got way more power than that running. currently we're down to a 25watt tube(british watts BTW) Marshall amp and a 100 watt crate guitar amp that's mic'd through the PA. I'm not mic'd through the pa. I'm not really loud but i can be heard. Unless your guitarists are gonna crank it to max you don't need anything huge. I highly recommend the amp you chose.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
That ashdown would work perfectly fine for practice, theres no need for loud practices. I suggest getting an extra cabinet though, so you'll get the full 300 watts out of the MAG.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
A good amp for a situation like urs would be maybe a fender rumble series. Even thou they only have 100 watts at 4 its more than enough for a heavy drummer and 2 guitarists. I think thou gettin a single 15' speaker and a tweeter has a better sound than 2 10' speakers. The 15' has a bigger umph. That ash looks decent thou.
Quote by Another bassist
I'm in a band right with a pretty good drummer who plays at the average volume for a drummer, and 2 guitarists' with 120 watt amps each. Will this amp be heard over all this and do a good job? We play punk/aternative by the way.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-C115300-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485032

Thanks!

this amp should do fine, for your situation. i give it thumbs up!
Right now, I play in a band with a Bonhamesque hard hitting drummer, and 2 guitarist with 120 watt crates, and a vocalist which we run through a heavily modded karaoke machine(lol it kix ass tho cuts thru really well) and i use the Ampeg BA115 100 watt which can keep up with both guitarist even with them at 3 quarters and me at half volume and they're always telling me to turn down
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
maybe if you added an extension cab but otherwise no. also the EQ on this amp is rather limited it would be great for vintagey sounds but your only going to find maybe 3 good settings out of the amp and it will limit you greatly.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I think this amp should do alright.. FOR PRACTICE.. but gigging, thats another story. In a punk band you want the bass to be a clear and defined instrument. So you might need something with a little more range from the amp and a little more power for gigging. Punk drummers and guitarists are always so loud! so maybe something like what has been said before like the fender rumbles.. they are always a good choice for someone in your position!